Benefits Consultant – SE Metro
Our client in the SE Metro is looking for a Benefits Consultant to manage and oversee all benefits responsibilities, including upcoming open enrollment activities.
This Benefits Consultant will be responsible for all benefits administration for the organization, and will oversee open enrollment rollout and employee communication. The Benefits Consultant is expected to use high-level benefits knowledge to assess immediate business needs, troubleshoot compliance concerns using audit expertise, assess efficiency and accuracy of process and data flow, and provide long-term recommendations for business solutions and management of benefits operations.
Role & Responsibilities
- Oversee all responsibilities relating to benefits and open enrollment, including management of all Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA, Group Life, Voluntary Life, and STD plans.
- Maintain compliance with employment regulations.
- Partner with benefits vendors and carrier account managers to understand systems, plans, eligibility requirements.
- Manage employee communication plan for benefits and open enrollment.
- Audits for all benefit plans and provision of retroactive solutions for any compliance concerns.
- Review plan documents and policies to ensure legal compliance, accuracy and ease of understanding.
- Responsible for the determination of eligibility, preparing correspondence and ongoing communication, documentation/tracking and follow-up for benefits administration.
- Research and respond to questions from employee groups at all levels.
- Develop positive relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
Required Skills & Experience
- 3+ years Benefits administration experience required
- Working knowledge of benefits and employment laws and regulations
- Must be a self-motivator, individual contributor, and go-getter
- HRIS experience in and understanding of data flows
- Project management mindset, with proven ability to plan, manage multiple tasks/activities and prioritize appropriately
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Highly organized individual with a process improvement and service mindset
- High integrity, sound judgment and discretion regarding confidential information
- Ability to think proactively and manage multiple priorities