Business Systems Analyst – Minneapolis, MN
Our client, a leading Fortune 500 financial services organization, has strategic vision for growth, a dynamic environment, and an incredible team of talented individuals.
Why Work at Versique?
Versique’s IT Consulting team is led by a group of industry veterans. Our consultants have an average tenure of over 18-month with Versique. As a W2 or 1099 consultant for Versique, you will have the opportunity to work for the best companies in the Twin Cities. At Versique, we take care of our consultants and make sure you have a successful career, both in your current position, and in positions to come. We look forward to meeting you!
The purpose of this role is to act as the liaison between the business and IT organizations to provide business critical or complex technical solutions that meet user needs and improve business performance by providing the technical analysis of business requirements (including translation into functional requirements), problem solving and troubleshooting as part of a larger project team. Accountable for ensuring that clear, concise requirements have been captured. Participate in testing, drive issue resolution, support the implementation check-out process and develop all procedural documentation and manuals.
Role & Responsibilities
- Understanding the business processes and the interdependencies of various systems in use.
- Facilitating interactive discussions with the business unit and technology teams in order to achieve alignment on defining requirements.
- Gathering, analyzing, documenting and translating business requirements into functional specifications that can be used to design and implement solutions to meet the business objectives.
- Managing the change control and traceability processes for requirements.
- Collaborating with architects to ensure alignment of requirements with system capabilities
- Analyzing complex system and system-related problems for the business unit and making recommendations for improvements or new designs
- Identifying potential solutions for the business and providing input into any risks and issues
- Creating and implementing test plans (schedule, approach, cases, scripts and conditions, etc.), including production check out and measuring testing performance results
- Ensuring the testing environment has sufficient test data to carry out the full test plans
- Ensuring all quality standards and techniques are followed, including compiling and publishing artifacts and deliverables of the Project Management Methodology using the Capability Maturity Model integrated (CMMi) methods as required
- Updating/creating user and technical documentation procedures and manuals, operational support documentation, and archival of project documentation.
- Identifying and communicating risks, issues and potential solution strategies along with providing status updates to the portfolio/project manager and/or senior leadership
Required Skills & Experience
- Need to be local candidates ****
- Must be available one week after we go to offer ****
- Must have financial industry experience and compliance experience.
- Financial Industry knowledge
- Compliance or regulatory experience (DoL a plus)
- Business Process Design and Process Mapping
- Experience with highly complex, fast moving project
- Self-driver/motivated – understands what next step would be without always waiting for direction
- Ability to track and deliver multiple tasks simultaneously
- STRONG core skill set – must be able to elicit and draft requirements, draft and execute test cases with traceability, status report effectively, communicate effectively in writing and verbally Additional preferred skill set
- Some IT experience as it relates to business process support
- Brokerage and/or Managed account knowledge
- 1-2 BSA’s with Vendor experience – coordination and execution of client mailings
- Represent the business yet contribute to some tech components as it relate to the infrastructure to support business processes
- Solid understanding of the processes and systems in use (or the ability to quickly acquire the knowledge)
- The ability to lead, influence, communicate and interact with people of all levels across the organization and external partners as required
- Demonstrated proficiency in effectively influencing decision making at various levels of the organizations.
- An attention for detail with the ability to translate for the business or technology in order to facilitate effective collaboration
- Demonstrated proficiency with requirement and process tools (e.g. Visio, Provision, DOORS, HP Quality Center, etc.)
- Ability to handle changing priorities, manage multiple tasks and work within tight timeframes and deadlines.
- Solid analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use statistical analysis and modeling.
- BA and/or BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Charismatic, Energy , Figure things-out on their own type mentality
- Politically savvy
- Forward thinking
- Driver – get things done
- Less stringent process / methodology in this group, so being well versed is helpful
Desired Skills & Experience
- Prior industry experience