Developer (Specialty) III – Minneapolis, MN
Our client, a leading Minnesota retailer, has a great culture and the coolest corporate campus in the Twin Cities. With this client, consultants at every level can truly make an impact. The client is fast-paced, offers challenging projects, and is a great resume enhancer.
Why Work at Versique?
Versique’s IT Consulting team is led by two industry veterans with a combined 38 years of experience. Our consultants have an average tenure of over 18-month with Versique. As a W2 or 1099 consultant for Versique, you will have the opportunity to work for the best companies in Minneapolis, Atlanta, and beyond. We offer our W2 consultants a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, heath savings account, 401K with match, and life insurance. Versique (formerly McKinley Consulting) has been in business for over 10 years. At Versique, we take care of our consultants and make sure you have a successful career, both in your current position, and in positions to come. We look forward to meeting you!
Ruby Developer for Operations. Help build operational tools.
We are currently looking for a Ruby Developer to work on our web Automation Tools. The goal of our Deployment Automation projects are to provide zero downtime deployments of all company applications in the fastest, safest, and most repeatable way for our Customers. These projects depend heavily on Ruby in an environment that doesn’t use Rails or ActiveSupport for Process Orchestrations.
The ideal candidate:
• Is self-directed and shared collective ownership for design decisions
• Uses the best tools for the job, be those open source or otherwise
• Comfortable in a semi-paired programming environment
Role & Responsibilities
- Working in Simi-Paired Programming Environment
- Unit testing
- Quality Assurance of unit testing
- Work with infrastructure provisioning tools such as Chef, Vagrant, Kitchen, and Fog.
- Heads down developing
- Collaboratively working with, reporting to, and taking direction from current Sr. Ruby Developer
- Status update meetings
Required Skills & Experience
- Experienced Ruby Ninja – Writing pure ruby without Rails or ActiveSupport dependencies. 5+ Years Ruby Developer Experience.
- Strong Object Oriented Programming
- Experience with MVC Architectural Patterns.
- Experience working with and creating web services.
- Understanding of Client / Server Communications
- Experience with one of the following: OpenStack, AWS, or other Cloud Providers
- Engrained understanding of Deployment Automation concepts and patterns
- Continuous Integration
- Experience with Fog gem (Bonus)
- Experience with Message Queuing Technologies – (Bonus)
- Understanding of Concurrent and Parallel programing concepts. (Bonus)
- Chef or Puppet (Bonus)
- Ability to Listen
- Ability to offer ideas on technical direction
- Team Player
- Desire to contribute to overall direction of project