Developer (Specialty) IV – Southwest Metro
Our client, a leading Minnesota retailer, has a great culture and the coolest corporate campus in the Twin Cities. With this client, consultants at every level can truly make an impact. The client is fast-paced, offers challenging projects, and is a great resume enhancer.
Why Work at Versique?
Versique’s IT Consulting team is led by two industry veterans with a combined 38 years of experience. Our consultants have an average tenure of over 18-month with Versique. As a W2 or 1099 consultant for Versique, you will have the opportunity to work for the best companies in Minneapolis, Atlanta, and beyond. We offer our W2 consultants a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, heath savings account, 401K with match, and life insurance. Versique (formerly McKinley Consulting) has been in business for over 10 years. At Versique, we take care of our consultants and make sure you have a successful career, both in your current position, and in positions to come. We look forward to meeting you!
In this role, you will be a critical member of the team building foundational services for company’s native mobile application platform. You’ll support and extend running applications & design and develop new applications. You’ll be expected to evaluate and refactor in a rapid manner for every part of our infrastructure. Overall knowledge of designing an application to run on a scalable platform is expected. You will be working in an agile environment, which means test-driven development and pair programming. We are evolving towards a dev ops model, with our development teams engaged in monitoring, optimizing and supporting our production environments.
The Foundations team is part of the SI team and will be building new patterns to integrate into company’s native mobile apps. Candidates need to be technically inclined, have the ability to work independently, take general direction and be a self-starter.
Role & Responsibilities
- 75% of the time actually doing the developing
- The remainder of the day is Iteration Planning, Retrospectives, Showcases, and Design Sessions
- Social Skills
- Sense of humor
Required Skills & Experience
- Must have 10+ years of relevant systems software engineering experience
- BS/MS in computer science or engineering (or equivalent professional experience)Experience with large-scale distributed systems and web oriented architectures
- DAggressive Refactoring
- High comfort level with UnixObject Oriented Programming and Service Oriented Architecture design
- Experience in the use of containers for deployment
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience as a Technical Lead on a complex distributed systems project
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCE, etc.)
- Experience with JSON/RESTful services and best practices therein
- Collaborating with downstream consumers and upstream providers to establish sound API contracts
- Pair Programming (Social skills)
- Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Infrastructure Automation (Chef in particular)
- Experience with testing frameworks (JUnit and Spock in particular)
- Groovy – ideal