Director of Sales – Minneapolis, MN
A leader in the natural and organic goods industry looking for a sales leader!
We are working with a past client to assist in building out their Sales division. An instrumental position we are looking for is the Director of Sales. The ideal candidate establishes and manages effective strategies and processes to achieve desired results by leading and developing the sales team with strong leadership and sales abilities. The Director of Sales should have strong knowledge of the industry in order to support growth within the US, building all commodity volume while working with Brokers and Distributors. They will implement sales programs using sales strategies and insights for effective sell through. The Director of Sales needs to be comfortable working independently to delegate effectively, manage time efficiently, in order to set the priorities and instill accountability for the sales teams. And especially, as a leader of the organization, you must have an energy and passion for transforming lives through the power of Hemp and helping to build a highly engaged, extremely high performing, collaborative and fun sales team.
Role & Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of this position shall consist of, but not be limited to, the following:
- This position is responsible for increases revenue and improving profitability by identifying developing and implementing effective sales strategies. Generates revenue with existing customers and creates new sales opportunities with customers or markets.
- Manage customer relationships to drive revenue through identification and pre-qualification of new business opportunities including investing in key customers to build loyalty and mutual success.
- Oversees development and implementation of new products across functions and business units to increase revenue and improve profitability.
- Manages sales budget to insure spending and promotional activities are accurately reflected at all times.
- Direct the acquisition of new customers and new product opportunities for key sales initiatives.
- Recognized as market segment expert. Demonstrates an understanding of market issues and trends impacting the segments and communicated to internal stakeholders.
- Manages communication across functional areas regarding customer needs to insure the timely delivery of product(s).
- Monitors accounts under management for performance against established objectives/guidelines and takes the appropriate action to achieve established sales targets/programs and improve performance.
- Evaluates effectiveness of sales and marketing strategies and programs and make recommendations regarding changes necessary to achieve target goals.
- Assists in establishing sales objectives and ensures sales activities in the assigned area comply with established policies, procedures and practices, using good judgment and decision-making to ensure corporate ethical and professional standards of conduct are maintained in the absence of formalized guidelines.
- Stays abreast of analyzes and informs senior management of industry, product, economic, and other changes that may impact sales and overall company business; provides timely summary of activities in the field and special reporting to assist in the business and product planning.
- Performs analysis on assigned accounts for opportunities and develops forecast for sales by product and other statistical reports as required on a timely basis; identifies additional activities, training or materials necessary to achieve specific product sales goals in key accounts and markets; responsible for identifying and continuously improving activities that can affect customer perception.
- Responsible for initial sales volume plan, contributes to overall Division plan strategies, goals and metrics, including sales, margins, profit plan, inventory and product programs.
- Directs, trains and develops team as needed.
Required Skills & Experience
- Must want to make a meaningful difference in people lives through the transforming power of natural products!
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in business or related field, with 10 years of professional experience, at least 3 of which are in Sales.
- Has Conventional Food Drug Mass Industry experience is strongly preferred
- Has a demonstrated track record of consistently achieving sales, margin and strategic initiative implementation objectives.
- Proven ability to cultivate strategic relationships with key players at all levels at national retail accounts and has demonstrated the ability to leverage those relationships to enhance Manitoba’s brand awareness, ACV and business results.
- Proven ability to align strategic initiatives with customer strategies to maximize business results.
- Able to work collaboratively in a team environment and across business units.
- Demonstrated interest and ability to lead a team and manage & develop staff.
- Has strong analytical skills. Understands how to use syndicated and customer data to implement strategic corporate initiatives at their assigned account.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills including oral and written communications. Has a track record of sound judgment, follow-up and personal accountability characteristics.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and thrive in an extremely fast-paced and ambiguous environment that requires flexibility, adaptability and being scrappy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and presentation skills, with the ability to influence, negotiate and close business in meetings.
- Skilled in MS PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- BS/BA required.
- Domestic and International travel is required throughout your designated territory up to 60%