Electrical Project Manager/ Estimator
Since 1972, our client – an electrical contractor, has earned a reputation for providing excellent quality design, construction, and preventive maintenance services—to earn the trust and respect of their customers and employees. This legacy has been embraced by each and every employee. The owners believe the hallmark of any great organization resides in their ability to consistently provide quality services. They are committed to this sustained excellence, which has made our client one of the foremost electrical services providers in our market. This position is responsible for both estimating and project management of electrical construction projects for commercial and industrial clients and will office in Mankato, MN
This project manager will work closely with client companies to estimate potential projects and once engaged on contract, then lead and manage the electrical construction projects. Our client is looking for an experienced professional who can work independently and enjoys project management.
Looking for an opportunity to work in a smaller work environment without layers of management? Want a variety in your day-to-day responsibilities as well as working independently? Enjoy working with customers? This is the opportunity you are looking for. Our client has a culture of commitment, initiative, trust, and valuing employees as part of the company family.
Role & Responsibilities
- Prepare estimates for bid on projects
- Lead project plan and work plan on projects
- Confer with local utilities and involved parties
- Conduct project meetings and run timeline
- Understand and be up-to-date on electrical specifications, ensuring project follows applicable codes
- Ensure safety and quality
- Direct and coordinate all project activities
- Other tasks and responsibilities related.
Required Skills & Experience
- Associates or Bachelor degree preferred
- 8 – 15 years of experience in electrical construction & design
- Experience working with commercial or industrial projects
- Prior experience estimating and managing projects
- Position located in Mankato, MN, no relocation offered
- Compensation range, very competitive
- Computer skills necessary would include: software estimating, Microsoft office, basic accounting principals
- Basic personal skills should include: Highly organized, sales oriented