HR Generalist – Minneapolis, MN
Our non-profit client is in need of a HR Generalist to support and service employees in their downtown Minneapolis location. This engagement is expected to be approximately 3 months in duration.
This HR Generalist will work closely with the HR Director on various projects, mostly around recruiting, organizational development, and day-to-day HR administration. The Generalist will partner with other HR staff to deliver best in class HR support across the organization.
Role & Responsibilities
- Provide generalist HR support.
- Establish strong working relationships with the HR team.
- Recruit, screen and interview job applicants, including identification of recruiting needs, sourcing of qualified candidates, and selection of applicants in partnership with management team.
- Assist in maintaining Human Resources Information System.
- Drive a high performance culture.
- Establish succession plan for critical positions within business, using standardized succession planning tool, and working with leadership and employees of all levels.
- Provide strong change management and communication support to business, using organization development skills and frameworks.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in daily tasks.
Required Skills & Experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
Experience: 5-7 years of experience in Human Resources. Talent Acquisition and HRIS experience preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- A service-oriented individual with a high energy, positive and friendly demeanor
- Ability to respond to continually changing priorities and coordinate multiple projects
- Strong computer skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to balance working independently with being a collaborative team member
- Ability to build trust-based relationships with hiring managers
- Ability to work across all levels of the organization and develop recruiting strategies for positions from front line to executive level
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment