Human Resource Manager – East Metro
Our client, a manufacturer in business for more than 85 years, is seeking a Human Resources Manager to lead their HR group! If you have human resources leadership experience, as strategic mindset and enjoy developing others, and serving as a coach and advisor to executives, this is a role you should consider!
Reporting to the Vice President of Finance, the Human Resources Manager oversees the Human Resources function for 3 facilities and has 4 direct reports. This position works directly with leadership to develop and implement HR strategies and consult and provide guidance on employee relations, performance management, training, compensation, benefits, and staffing and oversees payroll.
Role & Responsibilities
- Build and maintain a thorough understanding of the business and business strategy and strong business relationships with the leadership team across all Company locations.
- Support Operations Manager in HR administration of Woodbury hourly workforce, including all Collective Bargaining Agreement interpretation and administration.
- Ensure compliance on HR-related company guidelines and policies, as well as compliance with all state, federal, local, and company regulations. Develop and implement new policies as needed.
- Partner with leaders on employee relations issues, including providing fact based, consistent recommendations for performance improvement plans, terminations, and conducting investigations as needed.
- Evaluate compensation structures, career paths, incentives plans, and make recommendations while managing existing compensation and benefit programs.
- Recruit and attract qualified candidates for employment from initial sourcing and contact, through the full-cycle interview process.
- Lead, coach, develop, and supervise four direct reports, including two remote workers.
- Coach and develop managers to be effective as leaders and managers.
- Assess and provide recommendations on overall talent management and training needs.
- Manage company Safety Program and all aspects of Worker’s Compensation administration and case management.
- Oversee administration of Payroll function for two locations.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or related field
- Ten (10) years of increasing experience in Human Resources and leadership
Desired Skills & Experience
- Master’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration
- Professional HR certification; SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP, PHR/SPHR
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working in a union environment
- Ability to work independently
- Experience building and maintaining strong partnerships with employees at all levels