Product Manager – Northern Suburbs
Our client is one of the fastest growing companies in MN. They’re global distributor of rotating electrical parts and components with a very strong leadership team in place to hit aggressive revenue goals by 2020.
Our client has engaged us to find their next Product Manager who is ready to take on big responsibility. Are you entrepreneurial, have a can-do attitude and enjoy thinking outside the box? We’re looking for someone who wants grow a line of business by offering their strong strategic ability coupled with ability to executive tactical detail. If you have a vision to create something that will make an impact on business, enjoy making business cases and when given the green light, to run quickly and execute – we encourage you to read on.
Role & Responsibilities
This Product Manager will lead the agricultural vertical of the business, reporting to the Director of New Product Development. You will be responsible for formal release of new products and product lines within the agriculture industry. You will lead efforts to capture customer VOC and translate them into a catalog and online buying process that is easy and intuitive for the end customer. Additionally, you will assist in brand development, trade show attendance, and product line planning as appropriate.
- Research profitable and strategic new parts for relevant brands in portfolio
- Develop release timeline and action plan for new products
- Work with Supply Chain and suppliers to drive timely release of new parts
- Maintain and grow assigned product line through:
- Targeted research using specified analytical tools available
- Gathering VOC from the industry and formulating product strategy
- Reviewing competitor product offerings
- Working with other facilities to identify possible complements to products in adjacent lines
- Present new business cases/investments/new projects to the Director of NPD in terms of total investment, ROI and down side risk.
Required Skills & Experience
- Degree in Business, Marketing, or Engineering
- Product development experience
- Desire to work in highly collaborative, team based environment
- Strong understanding of the replacement parts used in the power agriculture industry a plus
- Knowledge of major distributors, competitors of AEP, Agriculture equipment and their application