Project Manager (IT) I – Southwest Metro
Our client, a leading Minnesota retailer, has a great culture and the coolest corporate campus in the Twin Cities. With this client, consultants at every level can truly make an impact. The client is fast-paced, offers challenging projects, and is a great resume enhancer.
Why Work at Versique?
Versique. As a W2 or 1099 consultant for Versique, you will have the opportunity to work for the best companies in Minneapolis, Atlanta, and beyond. We offer our W2 consultants a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, heath savings account, 401K with match, and life insurance. Versique (formerly McKinley Consulting) has been in business for over 10 years. At Versique, we take care of our consultants and make sure you have a successful career, both in your current position, and in positions to come. We look forward to meeting you!
The Product Manager of Digital Media and Content at the Seattle Tech Development Center will focus on enhancing digital media and content (video games, movies, music, productivity software, etc.) distribution, sales and customer experiences across a variety of devices and platforms including the web and native mobile apps. There will be a focus on both improving the existing ecommerce customer experience through both the back end and front end and potentially creating and executing on new business models or approaches to sales of digital content. Dependent on experience, the position may also work to improve reach and retention of a video games loyalty program. The PM is both strategic and tactical and leads groups to create quality products while meeting defined metrics of success. This role provides a unique opportunity to have an impact at scale in a critical area of growth and potential
Role & Responsibilities
- Effectively translate business strategies into product strategies, roadmaps, and product specifications that deliver against customer value propositions as well as strategic and financial goals.
- Work within a large matrix organization collaborating with business stakeholders, user experience (UX) teams, project managers, developers and other relevant ecommerce teams
- Act as a leader within the team, driving high quality customer experiences and exploring what is possible with evolving digital content, devices and tools
- Manage the development, production and testing of digital based products
- Manage and coordinate multiple product development teams to ensure consistent delivery of features for time, quality and budget.
- Drive key
- Analyze and provide reporting metrics to inform leadership of product growth
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field or equivalent work experience. MBA is ideal.
- Experience and understanding of design research, multivariate testing, analytics and the software development cycle and product creation.
- Four or more years in a fast paced consumer products or technology company with experience in web, software or product delivery industries
- Three or more years of experience as a product manager, or manager delivering digital based products, managing roadmaps, or equivalent progressive experience, preferably in an ecommerce organization
- Web & app experience
- Technical experience
- Strong communication skills with stakeholders
- Ability to define a product and roadmap – ability to carry a project through concept to finish
- Strong understanding with customer user experience – customer facing experience ideal
Desired Skills & Experience
- Ability to understand basic and complex architectural diagrams and data flows.
- Strong understanding of digital media distribution and sales models as well as current industry practices and trends.
- Experience with varied production methodologies such as forms of Agile development and/or Lean Development
- Familiarity with financial concepts and financial/budget management
- Progressive experience leading large and complex teams with large budgets
- Track record of project execution; completing and shipping excellent products on time and on budget
- Experience working with loyalty programs.
- Knowledge of user experience trends and digital consumer behaviors
- Ability to articulate clear and concise requirements for new products and new features
- Proven ability to work under rapid development cycles with medium to large teams to achieve a common goal
- Ability to prioritize new feature launches based on competitive analysis, industry trends, emerging technologies, and company vision
- Strong empathy and understanding of the customer, solving their problems, adding value, reducing friction and streamlining experiences.Collaborative, creative team player with ambition to do quality impactful work.