Project Manager-Sr – Eagan, MN
Our client, a global provider of information for the world’s businesses and professionals, is known for its competitive pay and long-term contracts. Consultants here are highly valued, and treated with respect. This client offers innovative, cutting-edge technology, and the ability to move and grow within the organization.
Why Work at Versique?
Versique’s IT Consulting team is led by a group of industry veterans. Our consultants have an average tenure of over 18-month with Versique. As a W2 or 1099 consultant for Versique, you will have the opportunity to work for the best companies in the Twin Cities. At Versique, we take care of our consultants and make sure you have a successful career, both in your current position, and in positions to come. We look forward to meeting you!
The Senior Project Manager/Coach for this large development project will define the scope and manage all areas of the publishing related project work while supporting business and program management staff. Successful completion of this project is critical to the company meeting its objectives. The Senior Project Manager/Coach will work with internal and external parties to organize the various components needed to initiate and carry out software development and implementation projects as well as gather, analyze, translate and deliver information in clear, concise and meaningful formats based on specific project and/or program requirements and according to established project management corporate standards.
Role & Responsibilities
- Plan, develop, manage and implement project plan to meet business needs and make decisions to carry out the plan.
- Interpret organizational and business goals, policies and practices; develop and implement project scope, goals, objectives, policies and priorities; facilitate and manage the integration and coordination of systems, processes, staff and resources; provide direction, leadership and act as an information and support source for project team members.
- Define, document, and execute on project of extremely high risk, complexity and visibility, actively participating in all phases of the project.
- Manage multiple workstreams of larger size and complexity; oversee project activities in compliance with program priorities and the utilization of resources in order to carry out the goals and objectives.
- Monitor project status to ensure progress toward completion; modify project plan as necessary in response to unforeseen or unexpected developments and inform management of status; coordinate changes with team members.
- Define and document process; produce all project documentation – detailed project plans, work plans, schedules, project estimates, conversion schedules, resource plans, and status reports.
- Deliver project within the constraints of scope, time and cost to agreed levels of quality.
- Forecast and plan resources based on project funding; monitor resource spending on a frequent, regular basis and report any deviations to the forecasts and plans.
- Prepare project budget and make recommendations to management; monitor costs, timescales and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances, or recommend solutions to management as appropriate.
- Proactively identify and manage project risks and issues and take steps to mitigate or avoid. Consult with appropriate staff to minimize and resolve issues; develop contingency plans and identify opportunities to ensure development work is completed successfully.
- Recommend solutions to any issues that change the scope of the project or negatively impact its delivery or cost (i.e., proactively manage project scope and change process.).
- Effectively manage project team conflicts and stakeholder relationships.
- Coordinate with and provide guidance to project managers and support staff as required.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable standards and policies.
- Represent project team in meetings and work sessions regarding project status, including facilitating and working effectively to develop consensus within divergent groups or divergent viewpoints; provide status and progress reports; assist in clarifying expected outcomes and managing expectations.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS/BA required (MBA desired)
- PMP certification desired
- Minimum of 5 years of Project Management/Planning experience. (7-10 preferred)
- 5+ years of technical project management experience
- Must have good analytical problem solving skills
- Proactive personality and proven leadership skills
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle(s) and the Agile framework
- Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) for story management and productivity reporting is desired
- Very strong organization, interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Experience interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Experience building successful client relationships or internal team relationships
- Ability to design programs and tasks
- Ability to proactively identify and recommend program improvements
- Outstanding attention to detail combined with the ability to see the big picture
- Experience managing geographically diverse teams