Software Engineer-Sr – Minneapolis, MN
Our client, a global provider of information for the world’s businesses and professionals, is known for its competitive pay and long-term contracts. Consultants here are highly valued, and treated with respect. This client offers innovative, cutting-edge technology, and the ability to move and grow within the organization.
Why Work at Versique?
Versique’s IT Consulting team is led by a group of industry veterans. Our consultants have an average tenure of over 18-month with Versique. As a W2 or 1099 consultant for Versique, you will have the opportunity to work for the best companies in the Twin Cities. At Versique, we take care of our consultants and make sure you have a successful career, both in your current position, and in positions to come. We look forward to meeting you!
This position entails working on multiple projects at one time as a member of functional and project related team efforts. Work is related to complex projects or a particular system or application that requires multiple areas of expertise.
Role & Responsibilities
Accountable for the quality of own work, delivered within agreed procedures and timeframes and focused on internal and/or external customer needs.
The role requires a good understanding of business applications and how to work with technical staff to understand problems with software and resolve them. Also required is a strong understanding of system development lifecycle methodologies as the projects assigned are driven by following project plans and general IT best practices.
- Researches, designs, develops and integrates applications at a senior-level as per written specifications.
- Write new software or make modifications to existing software applications and modules in accordance with written specifications.
- Develops software using disciplined software development processes, adhering to industry standards and software best practice guidelines.
- Essential day-to-day responsibilities include performing coding assignments, unit testing, ensuring development standards are being followed, analyzing functional specifications, producing technical specifications and unit testing scripts, and participating in team code reviews and impact assessments.
- Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Recommends solutions for software enhancements.
- Provide accurate and timely status reports on work progress.
- Production support and subsequent defect research, assistance in technical and/or system documentation may be needed to aid support teams.
- Assist in development of software user manuals.
- Review work of peers and junior developers.
- Provides technical guidance and coaching to more junior team members.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent required. (MS desired)
- 5+ years development experience.
(Manager can select additional qualifications/requirements as desired):
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills enabling comprehension of complex business and product issues
- Experience in formal software development lifecycle
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives within time line
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible, proactive, quick learner, and possess strong team attitude
- Educated or experience writing software in any of the following languages; Java, C or .Net
- Educated or experience/background in Analysis and Design, ability to write technical documentation, comprehensive testing.
- Experience with web services, WCF, AJAX, JQuery, MVC, XRM is an added plus
- Experience developing Beta products preferred.
- Educated or experience/background in Client Server Architectures, Software Development