Sr Database Administrator – Atlanta, GA
Our client is recognized as one of the “top 50 World’s Most Admired Companies”, and is committed to innovation, community and continuous improvement. With an industry-leading global network, our client services more than 170 million travelers each year.
Why Work at Versique?
Versique’s IT Consulting team is led by two industry veterans with a combined 38 years of experience. Our consultants have an average tenure of over 18-month with Versique. As a W2 or 1099 consultant for Versique, you will have the opportunity to work for the best companies in Minneapolis, Atlanta, and beyond. We offer our W2 consultants a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, heath savings account, 401K with match, and life insurance. Versique (formerly McKinley Consulting) has been in business for over 10 years. At Versique, we take care of our consultants and make sure you have a successful career, both in your current position, and in positions to come. We look forward to meeting you!
Responsible for level 1 administration and maintenance of the Oracle database platform including DBMS software and related tools.
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsible for level 1 administration and maintenance of the Oracle database platform including DBMS software and related tools.
- Maximizing database availability and performance to meet/exceed SLA’s
- Providing rotating 24×7 on call support of Oracle database environment
- Investigating, troubleshooting and resolving database incidents/problems with in the established SLA
- Performing database recoveries as required to resolve operational issues/impact
- Monitoring and managing object storage, insuring sufficient space is available for database operation
- Resolving OEM warning alerts to avoid potential operational impact in the future
- Identifying opportunities for performance improvements, cost reductions and process improvements
- Providing database performance tuning, security, and database backup/recovery
- Patching database software to the designated CSU/PSU level
- Administering SQL Plan Management, including accepting or rejecting candidate plans as appropriate
- Consulting with IT personnel to resolve Oracle database related questions and/or concerns
- Assisting other infrastructure teams in completing upgrade and improvement tasks and projects
- Following established IT / DBA policies and procedures
- Coordinating downtime with application teams and system engineers to implement approved changes
- Interfacing with Oracle to resolve operational issues or questions
- May perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
- Minimum 3 Years’ experience administering Oracle databases, running on Linux, Solaris, AIX or HPUX
- Proven track record of administering databases in Oracle versions 10g and 11g
- Proven track record of administering Oracle databases in a challenging environment
- Strong experience with Grid Control, RAC, ASM OEM, RMAN, Data Guard and other Oracle features
- Strong experience patching Oracle databases in an enterprise environment
- Experience and ability to provide rotating 24×7 database support in an enterprise environment
- Experience with performing database backups and restores/recoveries
- Ability and willingness to follow established IT / DBA policies and procedures required,
- Experience administering SQL Plan Management helpful
- Experience with running Oracle database on Virtual Machines (VMWare) helpful, Experience with administering and upgrading databases to Oracle 12c helpful
- Experience in UNIX shell scripting to help in database administration tasks helpful
- Experience with upgrading to/administration of OEM 13c helpful
- Ability to provide technical direction to others, including application developers
- 4 year degree (BA or BS) or equivalent work experience in a related field of study.