User Experience Designer I – Southwest Metro
Our client, a leading Minnesota retailer, has a great culture and the coolest corporate campus in the Twin Cities. With this client, consultants at every level can truly make an impact. The client is fast-paced, offers challenging projects, and is a great resume enhancer.
Why Work at Versique?
Versique’s IT Consulting team is led by a group of industry veterans. Our consultants have an average tenure of over 18-month with Versique. As a W2 or 1099 consultant for Versique, you will have the opportunity to work for the best companies in the Twin Cities. At Versique, we take care of our consultants and make sure you have a successful career, both in your current position, and in positions to come. We look forward to meeting you!
Responsible for working with project teams to design and deliver high quality client-centered, effective, consistent and usable interfaces.
Role & Responsibilities
- Works closely with business analysts, business sponsors, project managers and IT teams to obtain and understand business requirements.
- Creates the design of user interface specifications, by applying client research, design standards, industry best practices, taking into account strategic business objectives, user needs, systems constraints.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelors degree in human factors/usability or related discipline.
- 2-4 years related experience
- Experience with both large and small scale online projects – full project lifecycle – Preferred
- Experience with financial/investment/insurance applications – Preferred
- Experience working within a large organization – Preferred
- Proven understanding of user-centered design techniques & demonstrated ability to incorporate UCD principles into the architecture and design of user interfaces
- Demonstrated ability in gathering and translating requirements from business sponsors, SMEs, users, and business analysts etc
- Experience applying usability testing techniques and principles
- Experience applying a web design standard
- Knowledge of web client technologies (browsers, HTML,CSS)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to articulate ideas effectively
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop – Preferred
- An understanding of accessibility design issues – Preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in project teams
- Strong ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Strong detail orientation, and a passion for consistency