How to Find (and Keep) Top Talent in a Job Seeker’s Market
It’s a job seeker’s market. There are currently more open jobs than actively searching candidates to fill them. In fact, the job market hasn’t been in this state since about 2006. This new hiring environment means employers will have to think differently about how to recruit the best candidates to apply to their roles.
No More Passive Recruiting
Employers’ hiring strategies are changing. It’s becoming increasingly important to arm recruiters with the right tools, along with driving traffic through SEO and even utilizing an executive search agency to efficiently fill those difficult roles.
More Transparency Please
Candidates value honesty from their potential employers about culture and the employment brand. Work to build a culture people want to be a part of.
The Bottom Line
Organizations have a lot of competition to attract the top talent in the market. Employers will have to focus on three things to win the battle for talent:
- Build a strong recruitment strategy
- Create a culture that attracts great people
- Ensure the whole company is on board to bring in new talent.
To learn more about how your company can attract and retain top people, read my full post on St. Thomas’s Opus Magnum Blog.
Other Posts by the Author
- How to Meet the Demand for Diversity in Staffing
- Versique HR Lab Recap: Mental Well-Being and Psychological Safety
- How Many Twin Cities Companies Are Returning to the Office?