Do you love being creative as much as you love selling? This could be your next dream job.
To serve as a professional sales leader in building and maintaining profitable relationship with Key Accounts by developing new sales growth opportunities and responding to critical service needs. Also seek out new accounts and effectively communicate the company advantages in order to convert prospects into valuable customers.
- Responsible for managing profitability of key accounts through negotiation of pricing, terms, and other contract agreements
- Responsible for managing and meeting Key Performance Measures of key accounts through collaborative efforts with internal departments and across business units
- Develop new accounts and sales channels for the company utilizing the established sales development process
- Develop yearly sales plans and goals for Key Accounts and territories or distribution channels of responsibility
- Regularly communicate and document all key account activities to collaborative team
- Identify and adhere to key account timelines for key category, seasonal reviews and presentations. Communicate to the team
- Participate in all key account pre-call preparation meetings and subsequent download meetings
- Collaborate with Business Analyst to develop forecasts for seasonal merchandise programs, new product or program launches
- Update Sales Pipe Line Reports weekly and manage revenue forecast
- Communicate with Product Development/Marketing on competitive analysis sales trends, etc.
- Attend and participate in weekly team/account meetings and other strategic sales or product development meetings as directed
- Study and have in depth knowledge of weekly sell-thru reports
- Work closely with all departments to process customer special requests (pre-tickets, displays, racks, custom sell sheets, item #’s, etc.)
- Communicate critical customer information changes including address, phone number, email, fax number, and buyer names for Accounts to relevant departments to update customer file in data base
- Communicate individual terms of assigned customer base (i.e. special requests, allowances, rebates, pricing, dating, freight, etc.) and any changes as needed on customer terms sheets and forward/share with Accounting
- Clearly communicate and establish any changes to standards of operation for Key Accounts such as new reports, added responsibilities, timing and execution, etc.
- Document and have working knowledge of customer plan-o-gram restrictions including merchandising heights, widths, and available racking components, communicate to AM for customer file
- Work closely with internal and service companies on accounts which require service contracts and/or pay-by-scan
- Responsible for excess inventory sales across assigned retailers and other channels of distribution
- Troubleshoots problems regarding products provided. Answers questions from resellers and handles complaints
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience, within the greeting card category at the chain headquarter level, stationery or retail sales industry
- Advanced Excel knowledge required, access knowledge desired
- Demonstrated successful sales background
- Bachelor’s Degree