Our ideal National Sales Account Manager is a high-achieving, relationship-building, gaming-changing sales aficionado. You walk into work every day inspired to close the sale, assist your team members, and foster new and existing business relationships. You naturally rise to the occasion to bring your best work forward.
As a part of the beloved brand, you will have the opportunity to build face-to-face partnerships with influential national retail buyers. Every day, you will collaborate with a team of sales, finance, operations, and design experts to deliver thoughtfully designed products to people’s homes both globally and nationally.
With high-standards and self-motivation, you will partner with major retailers to build dynamic, innovative programs that make a difference in the customer’s lives. We require you to be a highly collaborative and driven individual that can overcome obstacles and challenges.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and nurture ongoing relationships with buyers and other retail partners and manage day-to-day customer service – working with all members of the team
- Develop a deep understanding of the motivations of your clients and find innovative ways for our brand to partner and provide curated, thoughtful assortments that meet their needs.
- Seek out new business opportunities and categories within current customers, as well as potential new customers.
- Conduct category research through store visits, trend assessment, and online research.
- Monitor and analyze item performance throughout the year to ensure the success of our partnerships and assortments – recommend and implement improvements as needed
- Partner with pricing team to develop strategies and assortments that increase margin.
- Attend buyer/retail partner meetings with sales team as needed.
- Initiate and develop sales presentations and proposals including PowerPoint presentations, product and sales summaries, and pricing analysis.
- Oversee the execution of promotions and pitches ensuring the highest quality experience for our retail partners, from initial meeting to product launch at retail.
- Travel will be required – the desired candidate will be excited and eager to travel – both domestic and potentially international.
- Assist in a variety of other marketing and sales assistance as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Energetic and enthusiastic for your work – eager and excited to see growth in both existing and new customers.
- Experienced in what it means to work with mass retailers and their buying teams.
- Experience with off-price and list customers preferred
- A motivated self-starter, collaborator and project manager who can follow projects through to completion with the team.
- A graduate in business administration, sales, marketing, or other related field.
- 2 to 5 years of professional marketing, business, sales, or other related field experience.
- A proven relationship builder and account manager.
- A dynamic communicator and collaborator—both written and verbal.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional follow-through and project management skills.
- Microsoft Office proficiency—emphasis on PowerPoint and Excel.
- Have the capabilities and knowledge to partner with finance on pricing proposals and data analysis.
- Willing to perform prospecting, occasional cold-calling, lead qualification, and follow-up to execution, as needed.
- A solid team player, problem solver, and someone who can work well in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Database management experience a plus
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.