Our logistics client is the global leader in their industry and is looking for an Accounting Manager candidate. . In this role you will provide leadership to a high growth, dynamic organization offering an attractive career path.
Job DescriptionThis position will offer the opportunity to manage the month-end close process and be involved with a broad range of technical accounting topics.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Thorough understanding of US GAAP accounting standards and how applied at the company.
- Assess current accounting practices and procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
- Develop, communicate, and implement corporate-wide accounting policies in accordance with existing and emerging GAAP guidance composed by the various financial accounting governing bodies and governmental regulatory agencies.
- Monitoring and analyzing accounting data, including timely completion of monthly account reconciliations.
- Ensure all Accounting policies are clearly documented and kept current.
- Manage month-end accounting close process, ensuring accuracy and timely completion.
- Assist with quarterly and annual audit requirements and work with external auditors regarding accounting topics and processes.
- Supervise staff comprised of one Senior and one Staff Accountant.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) certification required.
- 4+ years of progressive accounting experience, including public accounting experience.
- Strong technical accounting skills, with excellent process memo writing skills.
- Experience with US GAAP accounting standards, including the ability to assess, analyze and thoroughly document accounting processes.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, including the ability to manipulate spreadsheets, create pivot tables and summarize data from multiple sources.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with high attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and drive closure to open issues.
- Preferred Master’s degree in Business or Accounting.
- Preferred public accounting experience with one of the Big Four accounting firms.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.