Versique’s client works in the distribution and consumer goods industries with iconic brands throughout the US and Canada. The Accounting Manager will work with the accounting team to execute growth initiatives and develop processes.
The primary responsibilities of this position is to accurately and efficiently generate, analyze and evaluate financial data of the assigned business areas to ensure the resulting financial statements are within company policies as well as GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles), ownership of the financial closing process and ensure timely and accurate financial statements. The successful candidate for this position will report directly to the Corporate Controller and play an instrumental role in the financial future of the company.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and make the proper monthly journal entries for assigned divisions
- Analyze and review revenue and expense activity for assigned divisions and investigate and report on divisional variances
- Complete balance sheet reconciliation for assigned business division
- Manage the month-end close process
- Assist with preparing the monthly financial statements and supporting schedules
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax
filings including personal property tax returns and business licenses
- Oversee the monthly sales tax reporting and confirm registration is current with respective jurisdictions
- Provide support for year-end audits
- Ability to direct and supervise a team of 2-4 team members
- All other duties and responsibilities as required or requested
Required Skills & Experience:
- B.S. degree or equivalent in Accounting
- 5-8 years of experience and process knowledge of accounting and reporting
- Minimum 2-7 years supervisory experience
- Public accounting experience, CPA and MBA preferred
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data while maintaining high attention to detail and
- Ability to research and analyze reporting and provide answers to different levels of management
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office, specifically experience with Excel advanced formulas, pivot tables, conditional formatting and macros
- Experience using Dynamics SL , Great Plains, Monarch and Essbase a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated with ability to determine when it’s necessary to reach out for assistance
- Team player
- Experience with accounting software upgrades and/or integrations
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.