We have partnered with an investment firm that is looking to hire an Accounting Manager! This is a newly created position that will work with the Controller and the CFO. This is an excellent opportunity for someone right out of public accounting, serving financial services companies in either audit or tax.
Job DescriptionThe Accounting Manager will partner with the Controller and CFO on all financial aspects of the business. The successful candidate will enjoy working in a small team environment and should have a open and collaborative attitude!
Role & Responsibilities:
- Provide internal and external audit and tax assistance.
- Preparation of SBA and GAAP financial statements.
- Create and maintain detailed billing schedules for various portfolio investments.
- Monitor collection of interest receipts from portfolio companies.
- Accounts payable and expense report entry and payment.
- Prepare specialized SBA reporting schedules.
- Perform internal audits on investment files.
- Prepare government reporting documents.
- Work collaboratively with CFO and Controller to cover all reporting and filing requirements as needed.
- Responsibilities to grow with experience.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Four-year degree in Accounting.
- Public Accounting or Registered Investment Advisor experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with partnership accounting a plus.
- Sense of urgency and attention to deadlines and timetables.
- Quick Books or similar accounting software experience a plus.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.