Apple and Jamf IT Support Specialist
Our client is in its second century of offering a rigorous education grounded in the shared values of respect, love of learning, integrity, courage and a commitment to pluralism.
The Apple and Jamf IT Support Specialist provides application and device support of the Jamf Pro in our macOS and iOS environment including enrollment, inventory, software distribution, and device configuration.
The ideal candidate will have experience installing, diagnosing and repairing computer hardware, software, network, and peripheral equipment; have experience with Google Apps; have the ability to communicate effectively with students and colleagues and enjoy working in a collaborative school environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Systems support, repair, and coordination
- Support and repair of Apple laptops in coordination with other technicians. Manage parts ordering, delivery, and return.
- Provide support in a cross-platform environment consisting of Apple laptops, desktops, iOS, Windows PC, and peripheral equipment.
- Provide technical support for macOS and software applications, such as Google Apps and Office.
- Act as a primary liaison in supporting teachers, students, and parents with technology-related issues.
- Coordinate technology support services with staff including network and systems, instructional support, repairs, purchasing, and information management.
- Provide technical training and assistance to system users concerning computer operations, software applications, and malfunctions.
- Communicate with various personnel to coordinate activities, exchange information, and resolve issues and concerns.
- Develop and maintain training materials and systems protocols in our knowledge base.
- Research and evaluate new technologies and software and stay abreast of emerging trends.
JAMF Systems and related MDM management
- Co-administer the cloud instance of Jamf for macOS and iOS devices.
- Create policies and configuration profiles.
- Manage the iOS Volume Purchasing Program (VPP) in Apple School Manager (ASM).
- Manage software distribution through packaging and the App Store.
- Keep accurate device records in the asset management system.
- Build out Self Service offerings.
- Document Jamf and Apple workflows.
- Develop and maintain documentation for all systems and processes in the Zendesk KB.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as needed and assigned.
Experience and Skills:
- Proven experience with the setup, provisioning, and maintenance of macOS and iOS devices.
- Previous MDM experience.
- 2-3 years of direct customer support in a technical role.
- Ability to communicate technical items to others with varying technical abilities in written and oral forms.
- Ability to perform hardware and software troubleshooting and technical support.
- Aptitude for process improvement.
- Understanding of scripting and automation best practices for supported operating systems.
- Ability to learn and support a wide range of computer applications.
- Ability to both lead and work as a member of a group.
- Evidence of ability to work with diverse populations.
- Reliable transportation between campuses.
- If you don't have them already, we will help you to acquire certifications from Apple, JAMF, Cisco, Google, and Microsoft, specifically:
- Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT) and macOS Apple certification (ACSP).
- JAMF Certification: Jamf 200 and Jamf 300.
- Experience with G-Suite for Education (Gmail, Calendar, Docs/Drive, Groups, and Sites).
- Experience with customer service and IT Service Management systems such as Zendesk.
- Experience with asset management systems such as Samanage.
- Experience with Apple macOS, iOS, and Windows OS clients.
- Experience in a school or educational setting preferred.
- General indoor school environment - may be noisy at times with frequent interruptions
- Work may be sedentary and may require standing and walking for up to 80% of the time.
- The working environment does not generally include hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by fumes, dust, etc.
- Occasional non-business hours required due to special project work, school functions or other critical issue resolution.
Essential Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Must have good vision.