Application Support Engineer
Our client is a national environmental solutions provider in operation for 75 years. This client makes a difference in our environment!
The Applications Support Administrator is primarily responsible for the ongoing maintenance of existing custom business applications built for our client. Working closely with the rest of the development team, the primary mission of this role is to triage, assign and solve incidents based on priority. The Applications Support Administrator will also participate in peer reviews, development projects and other activities on the Applications team as required. As gatekeeper for production operations, this role will coach and mentor others on the team as new systems are brought forward for release to production. This role is a key position within the IT department requiring technical leadership and broad software engineering skills with an ability to manage multiple incidents concurrently and participate in projects as required.
Critical Success Criteria
- Owner of incident management of supported IT applications on the Applications Team.
- Primary Systems Administrator for the custom developed applications portfolio.
- Provides proactive maintenance and upgrades to existing internal system ensuring efficient and reliable solutions.
- Provides assessment of development standards and approves deployment of new solutions in support of overall production operations success.
- Provides technical guidance to other members of the team to drive standards, overall efficiency, and expertise.
- Manage applications service desk intake and identify incidents from change requests for assignment
- Assess scope of requests and incidents, and identify business and technical impacts
- Collaborate with users and IT team to develop best available solutions and deployment to address emergency system/applications changes and break fixes
- Design, develop, and test modifications and enhancements for existing and new applications as applicable
- Develops or refines release plans with the Applications Team
- Administer user management and security needs for end users
- Coordinate and train others, when/where applicable, on application deployments
- Develop and test solutions for defects and changes requested including peer review as required
- Upon approval from the Applications Manager, submits approval requests in Jira for all production code migrations
- Document solutions and changes in the Confluence knowledgebase tool
- Provide technical guidance to others on the team
- Guide customer actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating procedures and methods for custom application use
- Collaborates with others on the team in the integration of new components into the existing architecture, ensures reporting tools are designed consistently and a common look and feel to end users
- Integrates existing IT related monitoring, management, and reporting systems into a common centralized system, ensuring results report out to users in an easily understandable format
- All other duties and projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years of related development experience within the .NET framework: C#, ASP, Linq, WPF, Windows Services, REST Web API
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot relational data structures
- 3-5 years ITIL Experience (Concepts and Practice)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL databases for troubleshooting and backup purposes
- Basic knowledge of data communication networks
- Experience with coding, testing, diagnosis, troubleshooting, and debug of complex software systems and their dependencies, often in a technical leadership capacity
- First-rate interpersonal skills with employees at all levels, including excellent communication and conflict management aptitude
- Exceptional problem-solving skills to include innovation, collaboration, analysis, and inductive reasoning
- Enthusiasm to learn and work with multiple applications, tools, and technologies
- Capacity to work independently as well as within a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Highly self-motivated and directed, ability to work well under pressure, manage and prioritize multiple disciplines concurrently, attend to details, and meet deadlines
- Flexible, adaptive nature with ability to anticipate problems, taking necessary action to minimize impact
- Willingness for up to 10% travel on an as needed basis.
- Experience supporting a BI tool such as Power BI or other
- Possess analytical skills in working with not only technology and development teams but others that include Quality, QA/QC Lab and Controls teams in defining processes for application development, service delivery, continual improvement projects and benchmarking standardization.
- Experience supporting applications in a hybrid cloud environment (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud)
- SharePoint knowledge, integration and migrations both on premise and online.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with code repository tools such as Azure DevOps (SourceControl/GIT, Build and Deployment Pipelines)
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.