Founded in the 1950’s, our client is a design build construction company focused primarily on the construction of large Ag facilities. This company is a dominant leader in the North American market providing a full-service approach that includes pre-construction planning, design, engineering, construction, and project management capabilities. Our client has developed a market leading reputation in the industry due to its in-house engineering capabilities and ability to execute on all types of projects.
The Structural Drafter is responsible for developing structural engineering design-build construction documents using Autodesk AutoCAD and other traditional methods. This position will work closely with the lead engineers and the construction team to provide drafting services to the design and construction teams.
- Provide involvement, support, and technical coordination for the development of the structural engineering construction documents.
- Provide detail drawings of structural components and their connections of wood, steel, concrete, and other structural materials.
- Work with the Project Managers and Engineers in prioritizing the workflow to ensure timely delivery to the project.
- Coordinate with external equipment, civil, mechanical, electrical suppliers along with vendor technical data.
- Accredited degree in drafting or relevant experience
- 3-5+ years’ experience preferred
- Working knowledge of structural drafting and detailing, along with various construction materials and building methods
- Ability to read and understand engineering documents and red lined revisions made to such documents
- Good organizational, multitasking, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in AutoCAD, pdf software and the Microsoft Office Suite preferred
- Experience with Revit a plus