Versique’s client, an industry leader in the manufacturing space, is hiring an Assistant Controller to join their dynamic accounting team. Focused on quality and innovation, the Company continues to thrive after over 100 years and is positioned for continued organic growth and through acquisition.
Our Client will continue its robust growth trajectory in the manufacturing space, including hiring for a newly created Assistant Controller to join their high performing finance and accounting group. As a key member of the accounting team, the Assistant Controller will report to the Corporate Controller and assume a strategic role in the oversight and management of internal reporting and controls, ad hoc reporting and budgeting and forecasting.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Publish monthly financial reporting package to senior leadership team
- Interact with cost center managers and assist in managing SG&A corporate spending and reporting
- Provide support for monthly close process
- Assist Accounting Manager with external auditors in their annual audit
- Assist in preparing financial submissions to parent company
- Perform financial statement variance analysis
- Interpret and apply new accounting pronouncements
- Support the overall business planning process including annual budgeting and monthly forecasting
- Monitor and develop improvements in business policies and procedures to improve internal controls
- Complete a variety of ad hoc reporting and accounting tasks
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Public accounting experience and CPA (active or inactive), required
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferred
- Experience with ERP software required; SAP preferred
- Advanced Excel skills in addition to experience with Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to adapt in a fast-paced, changing environment
Versique’s Finance & Accounting executive search team pairs highly-skilled and experienced professionals with Minnesota’s best companies. Learn more about our outstanding Team and Talent Activation process that ensures technical skills and culture alignment for our candidates and clients.