Versique’s client is at the center of a technology revolution! The candidate in this newly created Assistant Controller role will contribute to the commercialization of some exciting technologies and work in a highly collaborative, dynamic workplace.
The Assistant Controller will lead the Company’s internal and external financial reporting. Partnering with our Client’s Corporate Controller and CFO, the Assistant Controller have responsibility for the monthly, quarterly and annual close and reporting processes, lead the ongoing SOX financial control processes and be instrumental in the preparation of the tax returns and quarterly tax provision of the Company. The Assistant Controller will play a key relationship role with external auditors, tax professionals, and other professionals to ensure the timely and successful delivery of the Company’s financial reports.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage the monthly financial close processes including work paper preparation in support of balance sheet reconciliations and revenue and expense analysis.
- Oversee the preparation of internal and external financial statements.
- Maintain accounting policies and systems ensuring records are maintained in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Together with accounting staff, complete the monthly close process.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and monitoring of SOX internal control policies and procedures.
- Oversee preparation of tax returns and quarterly tax provisions.
- Assist with preparation of annual budget.
- Oversee quarterly financial reviews and year end audit processes as the key liaison with the company’s external auditors.
- Lead the implementation of new or emerging accounting pronouncements (ie. ASC 606).
- Lead and mentor the Accounting staff.
- The job also requires performing other duties as assigned.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 7+ years of accounting experience, including 5 years spent at a national public accounting firm
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP rules
- Overall understanding and experience in application of GAAP and SEC/financial reporting requirements including financial statements and financial statement footnotes
- Understanding of Internal Controls and SOX
- Success in working across functional areas with strong verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Understanding of the close and audit processes
- Meticulous attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, as well as part of a larger accounting and finance team and manage time effectively and highly motivated
- Ability to make timely, sound decisions that align with Company’s priorities and values; take multiple factors into account; make appropriate decisions, even in fast-paced, uncertain situations.
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proficient at handling conflict resolution and working with positions at all levels
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing and present confidently to clients, understand client objectives
- Strong Math and analytical skills a must