Associate Product Manager
For detail oriented Product Lovers!
The Associate Product Manager is responsible for the development of product and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: defining the product vision, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, working with factories on development, working closely with sales and account services to ensure customer satisfaction and interfacing with key customers. The Associate Product Manager's responsibility also includes ensuring that the product supports the company's overall strategy and goals.
Direct Responsibilities Include:
- Working with Product Manager in developing and defining the product strategy and roadmap
- Research and analyze the competitive market, analyze sales, review customer requests and brainstorm new and innovative concepts to create line plans
- Develop the core positioning and messaging for the product, ensuring all elements are addressed
- Lead brainstorming sessions with cross functional teams on product design, packaging, merchandising, pricing, etc.
- Analyze factory matrix and work to identify areas of improvement needed in sourcing for key materials, costing, and factory performance
- Collaborate with overseas office on best sources that meet cost and quality needs
- Present findings and action plan to the Product Manager
- Create and collaborate on development grids with product ideas, specifications, and cost goals.
- Work with factories to execute all development through the product lifecycle, including: spec requirements, testing procedures, packaging guidelines, etc.
- Ensure that costing provided meets company revenue and profitability goals as well as customer margin requirements
- Work closely with Account Services to ensure set up grids accurately reflect product specifications, cost, etc.
- Present product lines and work with the appropriate buying teams at key customers
- Write detailed recap notes from each meeting and communicate next steps to the appropriate teams
- Continued follow up on projects to ensure all deadlines are met
- 1-3+ years experience in product development in CPG
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people and presentation skills
- Excellent team building skills with a proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Must be a self-starter, with an ability to work independently
- Be goal-oriented, self-motivated, creative, flexible and adaptable to new situations
- Demonstrate strong ability to balance strategy with day to day execution and implementation
- Must have proven computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint at minimum. Must have advanced knowledge of Excel
- Position requires occasional lifting and manual labor as part of handling and setting up the product for reviews and presentations
- Must be flexible to handle some communication with overseas factories during off hours
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.