Versique’s healthcare client is looking for an experienced Audit Manager to join their growing team. Our client is dedicated to helping patients feel connected to their care and informed about their healthcare choices. They view healthcare as a lifelong journey, and they partner with each client for their unique journey.
Our Client is seeking an Audit Manager for its rapidly growing organization. In this role, the Audit Manager will be responsible for helping to build a value-added internal audit function that focuses on the risks that matter, is collaborative and innovative. The Audit Manager will perform assigned individual audit projects or portions of projects to determine the nature of operations and the adequacy of the system of control to achieve established objectives. The Audit Manager will also be reviewing and determining the reliability of internal controls, supporting annual risk assessment and corporate Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance program, preparing audit reports, reporting results to management and other related duties. This is a dynamic position that requires working with personnel across all functions of the company and at varying levels of responsibility.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop and execute the annual audit workplan and support corporate SOX compliance program
- Prepare end to end process documentation including narratives, control descriptions, risk control matrices, test plans and test results evaluations
- Coordinate with process owners to remediate internal control deficiencies and implement operations improvement opportunities
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiency and/or reduce costs related to the SOX compliance program
- Supervise and provide mentorship to staff assigned to projects
- Perform detailed review of work papers and reports prepared by Senior or Staff Auditors
- Maintain proficient-level knowledge of IIA and SOX-related technical guidance and standards (eg. IIA, IPPF, PCAOB, SEC, COSO) through ongoing research, training and monitoring of news/events
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent degree and/or experience
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant internal audit and/or internal controls experience
- Knowledge of healthcare (eg. Payer, provider) operations, controls and regulations
- Proficient in risk assessment and risk-based auditing
- Strong knowledge of, and experience working within, Sarbanes Oxley environments
- Extensive finance and accounting knowledge, including detailed understanding of financial auditing and external reporting requirements
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification, preferred
- Internal audit/internal controls data analytics/business intelligence experience
- Mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, business process/system integration experience
- Fraud investigation experience, including interviewing, research, forensic accounting and auditing
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.