AVP Compliance Retail Manager
Excellent Opportunity with a solid Community Bank in the heart of the Metro.
Position: AVP – Compliance/Retail Operations Manager
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm (M-Fri) 9:00am – 6:00pm (Every 3rd Friday)
Reports to: EVP of Banking
Purpose of the position:
To manage retail banking, the teller department, and the customer service/TM support staff, as well as the consumer portfolio. Provide day-to-day leadership, coaching and development of the staff. Represent the bank with the local community and neighborhood organizations.
- Strong Leadership, Managerial Experience, Service and Quality Focus
- No Sales/Calling Goals
- Directly supervise the staff in order to meet the financial services needs of commercial/retail customers. Detail knowledge of teller operations and customer service, i.e. processing transactions and opening and closing accounts, onboarding cash management products for commercial clients.
- Manage teller and customer service operations.
- Understand Operations including Debit/ATM , Credit Card Programs, and Treasury Management Product
- Monitor overdrawn checking accounts, contact customers as needed.
- Make certain customer service/treasury management support staff is properly trained with respect to product knowledge, set-up, and servicing.
- Manage a consumer deposit and loan portfolio
- Perform annual review of consumer Home Equity Line of Credits and Personal Lines of Credit.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Bank’s lending and credit policies, answers customer questions as appropriate; take loan applications; fully underwrite consumer loan applications.
- Handle all charge-offs, judgments, and other legal action required for all consumer customers.
- Maintain adequate levels of staffing for customer service and teller line
- Schedule staff and officers for daily opening and closing of the bank
- Complete all levis, garnishment and maintain proper documentation
- Other duties as assigned., ie providing backup coverage for direct reports.
- Act as backup Bank Secrecy Act/Anti Money Laundering (BSA/AML) officer. Co-Manage BSA/AML policy for the Institution.
- Assist in review all compliance policies and procedures for bank on a daily, monthly, and annual basis for compliance and board review based on required schedules. Including, but not limited to BSA/AML, Privacy, and other regulations in place and new regulations and acts that pertain to ongoing compliance for the Institution.
- Provide any assistance, documentation or other duties necessary with regard to state and federal examinations on a required basis.
- Assist in providing compliance related training to all bank and trust staff as required.
- Review activity through various core system generated reports and customer activity through the tellers to determine if a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) needs to be filed. File SAR through the BSA e-Filing website if warranted.
- Review all cash transaction reports, review and validate Currency Transaction Reporting (CTR).
- Keep informed of regulatory changes through various resources such as the ABA, ICBA, MBA, ICBM, compliance peer groups, and seminars.
- Act as administrator for DepositPro
- Monitor and review all High Risk Deposit Accounts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or experience commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
- Minimum of 5 years working in retail/commercial operations, Treasury Management and BSA/AML experience.
- A minimum of 2 year of supervisory experience. Strong management skills.
- Ability to research regulatory changes and implement processes to ensure compliance.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision.
- Fiserv (Strongly preferred)
- Compliance One/DepositPro
- First Data