Benefits and Compensation Manager – South Metro
Our client, a visual marketing solutions provider, is seeking an experience Benefits and Compensation Manager to join their HR team! If you are energized by compensation & benefits work, and are seeking an entrepreneurial and creative work environment, you should consider this role!
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Benefits and Compensation Manager is responsible for managing the company’s benefits programs as well as compensation rewards programs across five locations.
- Valuate positions, create salary or job family structures, provide leadership guidance on program guidelines and pay decisions, analyze pay practices, research and recommend changes to exciting programs
- Analyze the effectiveness of existing compensation practices and procedures and recommend revisions, and new plans which are effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives. Ensure that all aspects of plan design and administration remains in compliance with FLSA and other applicable laws/regulations
- Improve the performance and returns of Company plans as well as the connections to the overall engagement, attraction and retention of employees
- Participate in market or industry relevant salary surveys
- Manage the annual merit and bonus processes and make program design recommendations based on relevant market data as defined by company compensation philosophy
- Partner with benefits broker to research, evaluate and recommend potential modification or changes to existing programs or the implementation of new programs that drive value to the business.
- Manage all employee benefits programs including 401(k) plan; medical, dental, vision plans; life insurance plans; short/long-term disability programs; FMLA and wellness programs
- Alongside Broker, develop, recommend and implements cost control procedures and strategic plan adjustments to assure optimal coverage at the least possible cost to the Company and employees
- Prepare announcement materials, plan summary documents and other media for communicating plans to employees; conduct employee meetings and coordinate all Open Enrollment activities
- In coordination with Broker, review and analyze changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and report/recommend necessary or suggested changes to management
- Coordinate company benefits with government-sponsored programs such as Cobra, disability programs, retirement and leave programs
- Supervise maintenance of enrollment and claims records for all benefits plans.
- Responsible for maintaining broker relationship and evaluation of broker performance; report and make recommendations to management
- Responsible for mergers and acquisitions benefits diligence and analysis and responsible for integration activities, including training, of acquired employees.
- Manage all filings, reports, and audits related to the administration of employee benefit programs
- Ensure all plan documents and Summary Plan Descriptions are complete and updated, including 5500 Filings & discrimination testing
- Serve as an escalation resource for employees on all employee benefit issues
- Travel to company offices as needed
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business, Human Resources or related field from an accredited university
- 10+ years of experience in the design and administration of compensation and benefit programs across multiple states
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or CEBS (Certified Employee Benefits Specialist)
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to compensation, benefits, company policies, and operations
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to manage a self-insured benefits P&L accurately is critical to the role’s success
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Experience with Ultipro
- Ability to interface with cross-functional HR teams and all levels of management
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent organization and time/project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities