Our client's Business System Analysts are experts in both their business and the technology that supports their business. The Analysts' goal is to improve the quality of IT services provided to the business through the design and documentation of requirements, leverage of native system functionality, and simplification of overall processes and solutions. Business System Analysts are part of a team of technical architects, developers, designers and other team members.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Own the requirements development process and outcomes, including the facilitation of the process and creation of any documentation.
- Write functional specification documents from requirements.
- Define, document and implement system configuration changes.
Understand business processes and drive proper application of software to enable and improve these processes.
- Participate in business process/department/functional group activities on a regular basis to understand business needs and challenges and facilitate improvements.
- Proactively scan the technology environment for new products and opportunities to enhance or leverage technology to support Post Consumer Brands business processes.
- Educate the IT team on the business process to increase the team’s overall understanding to ensure processes are being supported appropriately.
- Work with business partners to identify technical debt and capability gaps and contribute to a roadmap for the IT Systems that support their area.
- Understand roadmaps across IT to provide a comprehensive view for IT systems that cross functional boundaries, minimize the application portfolio, and support business capabilities.
- Support the Project Managers, Business Managers to define project scope, schedule, resource, and budget requirements.
- Own and drive systems integration testing and support user acceptance testing.
- Create and maintain test scenarios, test scripts and test data, in collaboration with the business partners, for validating system design, configuration, integration and performance.
- Assist the business partners in creating and reviewing training materials to ensure alignment with business processes and system configuration
- Responsible for Level 3 support issues when escalated from IT Services Team. Drive root cause analysis and resolution for recurring issues.
Required Experiences and Capabilities:
- 5+ years of experience as a business systems analyst or business analyst.
- 3+ years of work experience in an IT-related function (Developer, Analyst, etc.)
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
Preferred Experiences and Capabilities
- Experience in the Supply Chain domain which could include Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Network Optimization, Fulfillment or Transportation
- Experience working in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry
- Experience with ERP systems and core foundational principles, with a preference for those who have worked in a JD Edwards ERP environment
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.