Actively seeking an experienced commercial lender to join a team of successful professionals who will develop creative financing solutions for local businesses
Great opportunity for Commercial Lending professional with C&I experience to join a solid and growing community bank. Develop and manage a commercial loan portfolio, generate new loan relationships, provide customer service to clients for all their commercial banking needs. This requires strong professional relationships and a solid network of referral partners. It also requires a driven, disciplined team player who is also a good communicator, with solid credit skills who is curious, and humble.
The person in this role will be accountable for:
Generate deposit and loan relationships .
- Originate new commercial relationships focused on C&I lending and CRE.
- Develop and expand a network of business owners, commercial real estate investors and referral sources through in person appointments/meetings.
- Attend industry association events and professional organizations to grow the banks market presence.
- Develop and manage long-term prospect and key referral sources lists with plan for regular touch points.
- Meet with prospective businesses and develop and present solutions, including proposals and term sheets, to address needs.
- Manage a commercial loan portfolio with business banking needs of working capital lines of credit, equipment financing, owner-occupied and investment commercial real estate loans.
- Look for opportunities to cross sell additional bank products and services to existing bank clients
Positive customer experience.
- Utilize a consultative selling and trusted advisor sales approach to serve prospects and customers
- Cultivate multiple relationship connections within the bank to strengthen bonds to increase customer retention.
- Work with other internal resources to ensure efficient, positive experiences, minimize frustrations, and rapidly troubleshoot problems that may arise.
- Monitor commercial loan portfolio and client financial data for credit quality.
- Understand, detect, manage and report early warning signs of problem credits to prevent risk of credit loss.
- Work with commercial credit analysts to complete annual credit write-ups and present write up to credit committee
- BS/BA or equivalent
- Minimum of 7+ years of commercial lending experience
- Local Twin Cities market knowledge and experience
- Demonstrated ability to generate and close new commercial loans
- Solid referral network of professionals and trusted advisors
- Relationship building -- ability to quickly establish trust and nurture/cultivate long-term relationships
- Creativity and problem-solving-- ability to conceive different possibilities and outcomes and find ways to achieve shared goals
- Self-management -- ability to organize work, be disciplined in accomplishing tasks, and persevere in the face of difficulty
- Communication -- Ability to express ideas and opinions clearly and directly verbally and in writing
- Energetic, curious, motivated, humble