Our client is a brand marketing agency looking to add a Business Development Rockstar. Located just outside of the Twin Cities, they serve industries nationwide, elevating brands through smart strategy and integrated campaigns. Traditional, digital, social marketing—they do it all. The team is an amazing, outgoing group who loves to create, collaborate, and make an impact.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Prospect, research and qualify new client leads across a range of channels (social, professional networks, industry events, etc.).
- Collaborate with the marketing team to create and execute outreach strategies—from calls and emails to marketing campaigns and more.
- Follow up with prospects and meet with key decision-makers on a regular basis.
- Set up some Teams meetings, work a few Zoom calls, and pitch to clients on-site, off-site or online.
- Travel locally for client meetings and occasionally travel throughout the U.S. for tradeshows, educational seminars and networking events.
- Customize and present capability decks for client pitches.
- Outline strategy briefs for our internal team to kick off new projects.
- Work with a dynamic team of fun, creative people who love their jobs as much as you do.
- Other duties as assigned
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Agency pro with 3-5 years’ experience selling creative work and collaborating with clients, preferably in advertising, marketing or an equivalent setting.
- Proven ability to connect with and influence key decision-makers at all levels.
- Quick on your feet.
- You relish the reward of meeting and working with great people.
- You prioritize kindness over killer instinct.
- You know the value of building relationships.
- You’re driven, independent and organized.
- You get a buzz talking brand strategy, making connections, and opening new doors.
- Networking is fun and presenting is second nature.
- You always put in the prep work because the customer experience is everything. It’s why your clients succeed—and why you will too.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing or communications preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical and logical problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a talent for presentation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office—Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, agency environment.
- Experience working with CRM platforms such as HubSpot, Salesforce, etc.
- A professional demeanor, enthusiastic attitude, and drive to succeed.