In addition to their digital demand gen capabilities, our client is launching a compelling new tele offering and is adding a Business Development Manager to their team to support their expansion. The Business Development Manager will target both new and active client accounts with the objective of identifying, engaging and converting new sales opportunities. In this role, you will use your consultative, challenger selling approach to engage directly with decision-makers.
Our client is a global B2B demand generation agency with strategic and technological experience optimizing both upstream marketing investments and sales effectiveness in sectors where multiple decision-makers purchase complex products over long buying cycles and through multi-tier channels. They help B2B organizations to evolve from outdated outbound marketing to a fully-measurable demand engine with a unique unified customer experience framework. While there can be any number of services to augment current capabilities, they bring the consultative expertise and best practices to connect that marketing ecosystem to make it make sense and maximize their customer’s investments in MarTech and campaigns.
Please note: This role is Remote. Business hours based on EST.
What will make you successful in this role:
- Outsourced Demand Gen or Lead management selling experience
- Exceptional skills with selling consultative and intangible services (vs. products)
- B2B marketing agency background
- Ability to articulate product differentiators and to take a consultative style to help clients and prospects understand how the agency services can help them achieve their goals.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to clients, in collaboration with consultants and delivery teams.
- Plan and prioritize sales activities which include: proactive prospecting, targeted ABM sales campaigns, nurturing and converting leads, social media engagement, and generating qualified customer meetings towards achieving business goals.
- Provide pricing models and negotiate terms and customized scope with support from Client Services and Business Development Leadership.
- Profile prospects for qualified opportunities and source meetings with buyers at new prospect companies and active customers.
- Build relationships with Martech partners (AEs and CSMs) to help generate business.
- Deliver presentations focused on the agency, as well as their Core Value Propositions & Deliverables to prospective buyers.
- Use analytical and challenger selling skills to understand the customer, their business, and requirements to create a value proposition based on their needs.
- Manage Request for Proposal (RFP) responses on assigned New Prospect Accounts.
- Own the creation of SOWs and coordinate with subject matter experts for input to close deals.
- Ensure revenue forecast for named accounts is maintained in CRM system (NetSuite) and all KPIs and events are logged.
- 10-15 years selling services, preferably B2B marketing or consulting through bid management and RFP processes
- Experience working in a digital marketing agency environment
- Consultative sales skills with demonstrable selling experience at the C-level
- Solid understanding of B2B marketing and demand generation
- Knowledge of marketing automation platforms (Marketo, Eloqua, SFMC)
- Knowledge of sales technologies (SEP, CRM)
- Track record of converting prospects to business deals
- Proven experience exceeding assigned sales quotas
- Ability to travel to see clients and prospects (average 1-3 days per month)
- Prior sales management experience is a plus, but not a requirement
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.