This position will be responsible for initiating contact with potential and current customers to generate and qualify leads, promote managed services, and identify sales opportunities. The ability to clearly and convincingly articulate the organization’s value proposition and offerings and overcome initial resistance from prospects is necessary. The ideal candidate for this role will be a self-starter, driven to achieve increasing goals, composed, influential, exceptional at building relationships, articulating our value-proposition, and closing sales.Roles & Responsibilities:
• Focus on Customer Development - Responsible for developing new business that aligns with our Marketing and Sales Strategy.
• Build Executive Level Relationships - Expected to build and maintain strong customer relationships at a decision-making level.
• Fill and Move Prospects Through the Sales Pipeline - Responsible for uncovering, recognizing, and responding to a prospect’s business opportunities. Introduce, promote, and sell solutions for the targeted business.
• Maintain High Level of Personal Contact - Ensure ongoing direct, face-to-face meeting and phone/media call for the purpose of moving the customer or prospect from one place in the sales funnel to the next.
• Grow Customer Base, Revenue and Volume - Accountable to targeted metrics for sales volume, customer rates and revenue.
• Solicit & Present New Opportunities & Projects - Responsible for managing the details of our sales process and moving customers from prospect to projects to closed business.
• Negotiate and Close New Sales
Required Skills & Experience:
• Degree or equivalent experience in Sales, Logistics, Business or related field
• Three plus years of experience in Logistics, or related field
• Experience with food shippers, receivers, or intermediary
• Vision, Values and Mission – Commitment to vision, values, and mission.
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.