Successful candidate will need to have both deep and broad data analytics skills, be innovative, creative, responsible, and curious while moving quickly to deliver results for our customers. You will be part of the team building out the processes, infrastructure, design principles and establishing operational excellence for data here. You are likely to be self-driven, enjoy working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment, and want to get a great understanding of modern analytics engineering stack and implement them with a long term vision to create a data driven organization.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Build out the analytics layer for several functions - Growth, Product, and Finance - with high-quality, reliable data pipelines, models, tooling, and documentation
- Partner closely with data engineering to integrate new data sources into workflows (Airflow) and data models
- Partner with product owners, and other departments to understand and clarify requirements, and provide direction on solutions and approaches
- Work closely with data engineers and other analytics engineers to build high quality, scalable data models
- Design, develop and deliver ELT, reports, dashboards, and visualizations from high-level business requirements
- Enable quick decision making by querying the data warehouse to answer business questions using Amazon Redshift
- Advocate to improve data quality, increase data capture and consistency for our products and internal systems
- Adept software engineering practices and believe version control, CI/CD and testing are core to building out a well-designed data stack
- Put energy and passion into your work everyday
- Demonstrate commitment to our core competencies of being authentic, curious, creative, empathetic and outcome oriented.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years in data/analytics as an engineer and/or analyst
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets
- Experience working with a cloud-based data warehouse, such as Redshift, BigQuery or Snowflake
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience building out data pipelines and orchestrating performant data models on cloud warehouse using dbt and one or more data orchestration tools (Airflow preferred)
- Experience creating reports and dashboards using data visualization or BI tools (Looker, Tableau, Power BI)
- Fluent SQL skills including complex queries which are optimized for performance
- Python or other programming language
- Experience developing a Star Schema
- Experience using the command line and software engineering best practices like version control and using Git
- Knowledge of AWS Infrastructure and AWS services like Redshift, Glue and Athena preferred
- Hands on experience with Airflow or similar implementation preferred
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.