Do you like to be in control of your own career? Do you like the thought of being able to make as much money as you can bring in?
Do you possess a Hunter mentality and have the desire to build your own career? Are you a goal driven, motivated self-starter with a proven track record for achieving results? Do you possess a proven track record of success in including negotiating, cold calling, rapport building and closing? If so, we are looking for a self-motivated individual that realizes hard work results in high reward.
• Contact regular and prospective vendors to source closeout products
• Qualify the product opportunity, to ensure that it fits the company’s business model.
• Submit Purchase Orders to vendors and follow up on the purchase order to either close the deal or come to a definitive conclusion that they will pass on an offer.
• Conduct quality control once product is delivered to client site. Note product may require travel to outside warehouse facility. If quality issues arise, buyer is responsible to resolve all issues and it needs to be approved by management before final resolution.
• Identify prospective vendors by using business directories, following leads from networking, participating in organizations, and attending trade shows and conferences.
• Travel to trade show events. This may involve weekend travel and approximately 3 days out of town. Buyer is responsible to book all their own travel and be mindful to keep the costs reasonable.
• Work with the Director of Operations to arrange and direct delivery of products.
• Negotiate details of contracts and payments, and prepare purchase orders and any other forms needed to procure product.
• Perform administrative duties, such as preparing reports, keeping purchase records, and filing expense account reports.
• Assist the controller in obtaining credit information about prospective vendor, when needed.
• Must be willing and able to utilize and follow company practices and procedures for the company’s management software system.
• Must be willing to perform all required documentation and paperwork to process purchase orders and work with buyer assistant to finalize the transaction.
• Work with accounting to resolve issues with a vendor.
• Must be sensitive to deadlines and be proactive in processing vendor issues in a timely and professional manner.
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
• Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others.
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct that conforms to a set of values, and acceptable standards.
• Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
• Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
• Buyer Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to understand the product and variables associated with a deal.
• Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly.
• Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
• Time Management - Ability to avoid or cause distractions and use the available time at work to organize and complete work duties for maximum productivity.
• Ability to accept constructive criticism and willingness to accept change and improve where needed.
Education: Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) preferred.
Experience: Three to Five years sales or buying experience preferred.
Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Social Media, CRM Databases.