Do you possess a hunter mentality and have the desire to build your career? Are you a goal driven, motivated self-starter with the desire to achieve the best results? Do you possess a proven track record of success in including negotiating, cold calling, rapport building and closing? If so, we are looking for a self-motivated individual that realizes hard work results in high reward.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Contact regular and prospective vendors to source closeout products
• Qualify the product opportunity, to ensure that it fits the company’s business model
• Submit Purchase Orders to vendors and follow up on the purchase order to either close the deal or come to a definitive conclusion that they will pass on an offer
• Conduct quality control once product is delivered to client site- note product may require travel to outside warehouse facility. If quality issues arise, buyer is responsible to resolve all issues and it needs to be approved by management before final resolution
• Identify prospective vendors by using business directories, following leads from networking, participating in organizations, and attending trade shows and conferences
• Travel to trade show events- this may involve weekend travel and approximately 3 days out of town. Buyer is responsible to book their own travel and be mindful to keep the costs reasonable
• Work with the Director of Operations to arrange and direct delivery of products
• Negotiate details of contracts and payments, and prepare purchase orders and any other forms needed to procure product
• Perform administrative duties, such as preparing reports, keeping purchase records, and filing expense account reports
• Assist the controller in obtaining credit information about prospective vendor, when needed
• Must be willing and able to utilize and follow company practices and procedures for the company’s management software system
• Must be willing to perform all required documentation and paperwork to process purchase orders and work with buyer assistant to finalize the transaction
• Work with accounting to resolve issues with a vendor
• Must be sensitive to deadlines and be proactive in processing vendor issues in a timely and professional manner
Required Skills and Experience:
• Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions
• Active Listening - Ability to actively attend to, convey, and understand the comments and questions of others
• Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
• Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task
• Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures
• Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct that conforms to a set of values, and acceptable standards
• Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result
• Motivation - Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability
• Buyer Ability - Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to understand the product and variables associated with a deal
• Presentation Skills - Ability to effectively present information publicly
• Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues
• Time Management - Ability to avoid or cause distractions and use the available time at work to organize and complete work duties for maximum productivity
• Ability to accept constructive criticism and willingness to accept change and improve where needed
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or university) preferred.
- Three to Five years sales or buying experience preferred.
- Fluent in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Social Media, CRM Databases
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.