The Care Center Director of Nursing provides leadership and direction for the resident care services, being responsible for developing, implementing, and organizing the patient care structure. The DON interacts effectively with all departments and staff levels to meet facility goals and objectives; and ensures that resident care and practice are consistent with internal and external policies, standards, and contracts. The environment for this position is a combination of office and other clinical settings. Evening or weekend work may be necessary.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops, accomplishes, and evaluates, with input from direct reports, the department goals, objectives, and strategies aligned with organizational Vision, Strategic and Financial plans; participates and attends board and committee meetings/functions, as appropriate.
- Hires, disciplines, and terminates employees.
- Assures compliance with organizational policies/procedures.
- Develops and maintains systems and processes to support quality, risk management, safety, and infection control within service areas.
- Ensures response to facility wide customer concerns and complaints. Ensures resident needs and requirements are addressed in employees’ daily activities.
- Monitors performance and evaluates structures, systems, and processes in area of nursing responsibility; ensures for adequate numbers of nursing staff to meet residents’ needs; understands and represents nursing interests and concerns in discussions and decisions related to residents’ care.
- Develops, monitors, and operates within the operation’s capital budgets and provides variance justification. Defines, monitors, and manages budgets, cost control, productivity improvement, and maximization of net revenues within the division in partnership with the Administrator.
- Conducts annual performance reviews.
- Follows Union policies.
- Prepares and updates job descriptions.
- Ensures staff received required annual training.
- Is member of the QAPI committee, attends meetings and prepares projects.
- Is next in charge when the Care Center Administrator is absent.
- Reviews, creates, and updates policies and procedures.
- Reviews timecards using CeleriTime to input information.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing is required.
- Current and unrestricted Minnesota Registered Nurse License.
- Nursing leadership experience within a Skilled Nursing Facility.
- Advanced knowledge of nursing theories and practices.
- Strong clinical skills, mentoring abilities, and a successful track record of management in a progressive environment.
- Strategic and operational planning skills with the ability to follow through and carry out the nursing home mission.
- Ability to supervise, direct, motivate, and evaluate nursing staff while providing safe, consistent, and quality care to patients.
- Capable of managing daily challenges in a rural health care setting.
- Managerial problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to delegate appropriately and effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including being able to effectively communicate with various age groups.
- Positive attitude.
- Understanding and knowledge of State and Federal requirements for the department.
- Willingness to work with other departments to find solutions to problems.
Five years of RN experience or relevant Long-Term Care management or leadership experience, including but not limited to:
- CMS Regulations
- MDS 3.0
- Quality Improvement
- Infection Control
- Staff Education
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.