Strategic finance leadership opportunity with a family-owned business in an exceptionally collaborative culture.
Reporting directly to the CEO/President, the CFO is a member of the leadership team and assumes a strategic role in the overall management of the company. This position is specifically responsible for the areas of; accounting operations, financial reporting & analysis, fixed asset reporting, cost accounting, treasury & cash management, risk management & insurance, metrics measurement & reporting, and staff supervision and development of the finance/accounting team. Additionally, the CFO provides financial and management counsel to the President, CEO/Founder, functional managers, departmental managers and others as necessary.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversee monthly and annual divisional and consolidated financial reporting and short-term operational forecasts, participate in senior management review meetings, and present summary financial results.
- Provide finance reporting support to sales, manufacturing, engineering and administration in the form of counsel, analysis, and profitability improvement opportunities through KPI/metric measurement and monthly review.
- Evaluate product profitability reporting systems, periodically report to senior management. Ensure divisions product profitability reporting systems are accurate.
- Monitor product cost policies and manufacturing costing procedures, review cost rate adjustment processes, internal transfer price policy and procedures. Review variances calculations, and application of labor and burden rates to products within advanced manufacturing resource planning systems using bills of material methods and systems.
- Play a key role working collaboratively with the leadership team in forecasting, budgeting, planning, reviewing and presenting the business and strategic plans.
- Participate in key strategic discussions and prepare forecasts and financial models of business options for senior review.
- Serve as risk manager and liaison with insurance companies on a variety of issues to include; worker’s compensation, property and casualty insurance and product & operational liability insurance programs.
- Monitor capital expenditures, review ROI justifications for significant projects, allocate resources/budget and project near-term month spending plans.
- Responsible for US and international income tax matters and foreign VAT tax compliance.
- Oversee Treasury-Payroll function, including; tax filings, compliance with multi state regulations, line of credit-loan compliance, bank negotiations, debt management strategies, short/long-term cash management, marketable securities and investments.
- Responsible for annual ESOP administration, audit and valuation of ESOP shares for employee accounts.
- Manage Benefit plan financial compliance, audits and tax filings.
- Manage annual audit function, including compliance with GAAP and Design, implement and maintain appropriate internal controls.
- Oversee financial accounting staff, and work on staff development-replacement-motivation for the future. Recruit, train, and/or develop the finance department personnel to facilitate long term success for the organization.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in leadership roles with progressively increasing responsibility in public accounting and/or industry with recent role(s) to include; Division-Associate Controller, Controller, Finance Director, or CFO in a small or medium manufacturing organization. CPA/public accounting experience is helpful.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously within a deadline-driven environment.
- Self-starting and self-directed individual. Detail oriented, with strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to initiate improvements in finance systems and processes.
- Creative thinker who can quickly develop innovative ideas across various business units.
- Relationship building skills with the ability to create mutually beneficial relationships and to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external clients, able to facilitate brainstorming sessions, with the ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills using pivot tables and data mining tools, proficient in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- International financial oversight experience is helpful but not a requirement.
- Previous ESOP oversight, audit, or review responsibilities are helpful.
- Familiar with business valuation and appraisal processes, acquisition valuations and acquisition processes helpful.
- Moderate domestic and international travel is required on several occasions annually.