Financial leadership opportunity to have a significant impact with a company well positioned for substantial growth!
As a key member of the executive leadership team, the CFO will assume a strategic role in the overall financial management of the company. The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for reporting, planning, implementing, managing and controlling financial-related activities. Responsible for guiding the finance/accounting team in financial reporting and analysis, cash flow analysis, investment/financing decisions, project reporting and analysis, financial evaluation for key business opportunities, and overall tax strategy. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a member of the leadership team in guiding the strategic direction of the firm providing advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Provides leadership in the development of strategic financial objectives.
- Report financial performance including cash flow, profit/loss and balance sheet items. Analyze financial statements to identify areas of strength and weakness, and present financial performance to the CEO.
- Manage and direct the process of financial reporting and budgeting for the Company and related affiliates.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Provide leadership in the development and the continuous evaluation of the strategic financial objectives.
- Interact with other senior managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports and recommendations.
- Manage cash flow to ensure adequate cash to meet short- and long-term obligations. Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with the company’s financial institutions.
- Hire, train and develop a finance team that supports the vision, mission and strategic plan of the company. Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures.
- Provide support in developing, implementing, and maintaining a comprehensive job cost system.
- Oversee financial management of foreign operations to include developing financial and budget policies and procedures.
- Serve as a member on the Company’s 401k/Profit Sharing Plan Investment Committee to ensure plan is responsibly managed for all participants.
- Oversee legal, insurance and risk management function.
Required Skills & Experience:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to do so. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in Accounting.
- CPA certification, preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of accounting experience with demonstrated increased job responsibilities.
- Experience with income tax and sales tax as they relate to small business environments, preferred.
- Experience in private company environment, preferred.
- Exposure with international operations, preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding leadership skills (ability to hire, train and develop team members).
- Excellence in working with managers at all levels of the organization, cross functionally and with staff at remote locations.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- Leads by example and is an ambassador for the company both internally and externally.