CFO opportunity in the construction industry with a privately-held company well positioned for significant growth!
As a key member of the Leadership Team, the Chief Financial Officer assumes responsibility to direct and oversee all financial activities of the Company, direct the preparation of current financial reports and summaries, and predicting future growth. The CFO has the primary responsibility for the planning, implementation, managing, and running of all finance activities of the Company, including business planning, budgeting, forecasting, and negotiations. The goal of the CFO is to protect the Company’s revenues and profits to achieve full financial control and sustainable growth.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Together with the CEO, responsible for stewarding the Company’s P&L and balance sheet and for establishing sales, profitability, and cash flow goals.
- Advising on long-term business and financial planning.
- Ensures that revenue growth is achieved responsibly and profitably.
- Manage all insurance needs of the business.
- Administers the Profit-Sharing Plan.
- Participates in annual health-care renewal.
- Off-site Board Member.
- Manage and coordinate contract reviews.
- Manage and participate in the annual financial audit.
- Manage and coordinate legal issues.
- Manage banking relationships and credit lines.
- Directs the preparation of financial statements, including income statements, balance sheets, shareholder reports, tax returns, and governmental agency reports.
- Compares sales and profit projections to actual figures and budgeted expenses to actual expenses; makes or oversees any necessary adjustments to future projections and budgets.
- Reviews planning process and suggests improvements to current methods.
- Analyzes operations to identify areas in need of reorganization, downsizing, or elimination.
- Works with the CEO & President and other executives to coordinate planning and establish priorities for the planning process.
- Studies long-range economic trends and projects their impact on future growth in sales and market share.
- Establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends and establishing critical measurements by determining production, productivity, quality, and customer-service strategies.
- Identifies opportunities for expansion into new product areas.
- Oversees investment of funds and works with investment bankers to raise additional capital required for expansion.
- Uses excellent verbal and written communication skills to articulate and report information to facilitate decision making internally and at the Board level.
- Participates in the development and execution of the Company’s strategic and business plan including achievement of key objectives.
- Establish and develops relationships with employees, including the company management team, as well as external partners and stakeholders.
- Support and continuous improvement of the Company’s high-performance culture.
- Provide visionary leadership for new ideas and approaches and humbly welcomes ideas to innovate and better the Company from all levels of the organization.
- Effective Leadership of Finance & Accounting functions.
- Develop trust and maintain a collaborative and supportive leadership presence throughout all parts of the organization.
- Participate in and support recruitment, hiring, onboarding efforts as appropriate to develop an exceptional regional team.
- Foster a collaborative culture that enhances employee satisfaction, engagement, and results-orientation while encouraging innovation and creativity.
- Provide time for regular and effective 1 on 1 meetings with all direct reports.
- Coach, mentor, and collaborate with direct reports regularly.
- Establishes and achieves specific, measurable, and obtainable objectives that support the Company’s overall growth and profitability objectives while creating client, employee, and company success.
- Alignment with the Company’s Core Values.
- Possesses observable passion and drive for success through leadership.
- A demonstrated competency in employee development within a team-based environment.
- Strong Leadership skills and practices.
- Able to make key financial decisions that will benefit the Company.
- Results-driven personality.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated financial acumen and financial decision-making record.
- Proven strategy development, deployment experience, and change management experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and construction industry-related software.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Experience with Traction/EOS a plus.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance, with an MBA preferred.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in financial management required.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficient in database and accounting computer application systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.