The CFO (in addition to the CEO) is the Board of Directors’ (BOD’s) key
representative on the management team and is accountable to the BOD to
ensure key governance requirements are followed.
The CFO is responsible for the formulation and development of broad policies,
effective procedures, and procedural improvements of financial systems as they
relate to budget and financial functions.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assists the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operations Officer and General Managers in implementing the overall company business strategy, recommending corrective action for significant deviation from business/profit plans.
- Develops annual revenue budgets and capex budgets. Monitors and tracks financial performance against budgets.
- Develops revenue and cash flow financial forecasts. Proactively communicates projections to CEO and General Managers.
- Provides input to contract negotiation and assists in assessing risk on potential projects.
- Develops and implements company financial and accounting systems and policies.
- Directs the development and implementation of the infrastructure and resources for computing and Information Systems for the company.
- Monitors all operation expenses
- Implements and maintains effective client billing and collection procedures
- Prepares regular reports on company financial performance
- Determines the fiscal requirements of Information Systems and prepares budgetary recommendations for the Board of Directors
- Monitors expenditures of budgeted Information Systems funds for the company
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business
- CPA – active or inactive
- Minimum of 10 years in accounting for a professional services firm or a construction firm
- Thorough understanding of accounting principles, as applied to professional services. Working knowledge of contract, insurance, and multi-state taxes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and professional services accounting software, and an understanding of computer network and system management tools.
- Experience with Deltek Cost Point and Microsoft Dynamics is preferred.
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.