Chemical Lab Director
Our client is a privately held world leader in synthetic lubrication technologies. For over 45 years, Technical Innovation and commitment to quality is true passion throughout the organization. This company founder, started with the goal of excellence, integrity and strong leadership. Sustainability is another aspect of their growth throughout the world. If you are looking for an opportunity with a client that is committed to innovation and has years of global success of brand-loyal customers, this is a great opportunity!
A worldwide leader in synthetic lubrication technologies. Focused on technical innovation and commitment to high levels of quality. Looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic, career-minded, and self-motivated individuals to lead the company into the future. Headquartered on the shores of Lake Superior in Superior, Wisconsin, and located just over the border from Duluth, Minnesota, we have twelve distribution centers located through the U.S. and Canada, as well as international operations.
The Chemical Lab Director position is within the Product Development Department. This position is based out of our corporate headquarters in Superior, Wisconsin.
- Set vision and strategy for Chemical Lab, creating plans that support corporate strategy, including budgeting, staffing, technology development, and capital investment.
- Manage project portfolio, ensuring a balanced approach to current business needs and exploring new technology.
- Drive innovation in all areas of the lab, and influence innovation across the organization.
- Actively collaborate and coordinate with cross functional teams to ensure connection to the market and provide technical training.
- Work closely with Purchasing and Operations on raw material management.
- Proactively develop relationships with raw material suppliers, test facilities, or other key partners to improve technology understanding, build partnerships, and seek joint development opportunities.
- Initiate the development and improvement of processes and procedures to meet ISO and business expectations.
- Hire, motivate, and develop staff, including talent pipelines, professional development, and succession planning.
- Oversee quality control and support for Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required.
- 10+ years formulary experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage all aspects of a laboratory.
- High creativity and motivation to uncover problems and develop valuable solutions.
- Experience with experimental design and data analysis.
- Proficient with computer programs including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office.
- Robust communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative approach.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in relevant field.
- Lubricant formulation experience.
- Certified Lubrication Specialist (CLS).
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.