Chief Accounting Officer
Newly created position to partner with CFO in preparing a culture focused company in becoming public ready.
Reporting to the CFO, The Chief Accounting Officer will demonstrate a high level of executive presence, confidence and the ability to build credibility and influence others through a “roll up your sleeves” work approach. You must demonstrate unquestionable personal and professional integrity which aligns with the Company’s commitment to visionary leadership. As CAO, you will possess the ability to create, develop and coach high performing teams and act as a strong collaborative partner across the organization.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead the Corporate Controller function, the accounting operations teams, financial reporting, internal controls, tax, treasury, and IPO readiness.
- Communicate pending changes in accounting rules and regulations to senior management which carry financial or operational implications and partner with senior management to resolve.
- Provide oversight for the development and implementation of accounting policies and controls consistent with SEC, US GAAP and SOX compliance.
- Oversee the Company’s annual SOX compliance process including financial statement risk assessment, identification of key controls and testing strategy.
- Serve as the principle liaison with the Company’s external auditors to ensure smooth annual and quarterly financial statements
- Set appropriate standards for quality and efficiency of the financial reporting process to the CEO and CFO
- Participate in and support any M&A due diligence and integrations
- Establish, document and implement the Company’s views on technical accounting matters
- Evaluate the effectiveness of information management and internal controls systems, while continually seeking to improve standards
- Lead the quarterly financial reporting process, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of all required reporting obligations.
- Make sure all financial data adheres to current tax laws and regulations
- Prepare, manage and present monthly reports to senior management and external stakeholders
- Manage all debt financing
- Manage treasury functions
- Calculate stock-based compensation
- Develop, recruit, and mentor the accounting team
- Be a strong trusted partner to the CFO, the senior executive team, the Board and contribute across strategy and day to day operations
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance/Accounting and CPA are required; advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years accounting and controls experience in a public company or public accounting environment with heavy international experience.
- Work history to includes a strong preference for Saas industry experience.
- Demonstrated and sound knowledge of consolidations, SEC reporting, Sarbanes-Oxley, and US GAAP and IFRS compliance.
- Strong history of focus on disciplined legal entity accounting, including mergers and acquisitions, transactions, intercompany transactions and hedging activities.
- Well-developed negotiation skills and strong business management acumen.
- Keen ability to communicate and implement the strategic financial vision while effectively anticipating, driving and managing through change.
- Possess strong leadership and mentoring skills to effectively delegate and develop teammates in the accounting department on an ongoing basis both onshore and offshore.
- Successful leadership of a high performing results-focused accounting team with clear ability to lead and motivate.
- Ability to utilize a direct and pro-active approach when dealing with difficult issues.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to handle multiple priorities under a tight deadline.
- Listens well, and solicits ideas to get optimal solutions.
#LI - JR1