Chief Administrative Officer
A C-suite executive leadership role to lead and drive operational excellence and financial performance of a growth-orientated Physician practice. Implement progressive improvement methodologies to ensure organizational efficiency while identifying opportunities to reduce costs and improve margins and profitability.
Job DescriptionReporting to the organization’s Chief Operating Officer, the Chief Administration Officer (CAO) will be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team and will oversee the Company’s Operational Excellence programs, Clinical Operations, Compliance, Electronic Health Records, Revenue Cycle Management, Enrollment, and Operational support for a growth-oriented healthcare practice business. The CAO will provide expertise in operational excellence, quality and project management, risk identification, and resource allocation recommendations for the organization overall. With an enhanced focus on operational excellence, the CAO will work cross-functionally to design, coordinate and successfully complete operational improvement projects that supports the organization’s organic and inorganic growth initiatives and to ensure that optimized systems and processes are being utilized throughout the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Leads regular meetings with the senior management (C-suite and Director-level) team to proactively identify and solve issues.
• Provides guidance and direction to the organization in planning and organization of all systems, people, and process to ensure alignment with defined organizational goals and strategic plans.
• Identifies areas for improvements across the organization, including opportunities to improve revenue through strong P&L management, increased margins, reduction of costs, and increased profitability throughout the organization, all while improving efficiency.
• Analyzes internal operations and identifies areas of performance process enhancements.
• Works with the COO to create Company success metrics; monitors the performance of key business indicators to evolve operational productivity and processes.
• Assists with the selection, acquisition, development, maintenance, installation, and support of technology that supports all aspects of a healthcare organization.
• Leads the ongoing assessment of established policies & procedures to ensure the utilization of various reporting tools aimed at identifying optimal performance and delivery opportunities for the Company.
• Assists the executive team in formulating and implementing short-term and long-term strategies, policies and programs to achieve organizational objectives.
• Maintaining relationships with regulatory agencies, organizations, and other key stakeholders.
1. Technical capacity
2. Presentation skills
3. Communication proficiency
5. Problem solving
6. Working independently
8. Collaboration skills
- A minimum of twelve years of progressive management experience, preferably in a professional consulting organization and/or healthcare company.
- Demonstrated success with operational excellence programs and project management.
- Ability to manage and operate across a matrixed organization.
- Financial planning and forecasting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, or equivalent, is required.
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration is preferred.
- Effective management of a team, ensuring productivity, effectiveness and growth.
- Advanced-level computer proficiency including Google Docs and equipment such as iPad, and iPhone.
- Demonstrated expertise in data modeling and analytics, with a focus on resource/expense allocation.
- Strong interpersonal and technical presentation skills.
- Skilled in identifying and resolving problems.
- Proficient verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work independently to meet Company goals and timelines.
- Ability to deal with change and ambiguity.
- Ability to build and manage high performing teams.
- Detail oriented, accurate and reliable.
- Demonstrated compatibility with organizational mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Work Environment - This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, tablets, phones, and copiers.
- Physical Demands - This is primarily an office-based role. The position would require the ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds and bend or stand as necessary.
- Travel – Up to 15% local & national travel is required for this position.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.