Our client is an independent, privately-owned business bank in the Twin Cities that is proud to call Minnesota home for over 50 years. Their focus is on small to mid-size clients and offer a services portfolio that is as diverse as their clients’ business needs, including commercial lending, warehouse funding, equipment financing/leasing, cash management, and factoring services. They are truly more than just your traditional community bank; they are a versatile financial services company that also happens to be a bank.
The Chief Credit Officer is a key member of the Bank’s Executive Team and will be responsible for the overall management of the Bank’s Credit Department, including underwriting and loan review analysis process, and all functions providing lending support, direction, credit information, and loan policies, procedures and processes to ensure the overall quality of the Bank’s lending portfolio. Additionally, this person will play an integral part in designing, evaluating, and building specialized credit programs within the Bank.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Full ownership over a $630MM+ comprehensive commercial portfolio comprised of C&I, SBA, commercial real estate, working capital, warehouse funding, factoring and equipment finance credits.
- Immediate opportunity to influence, design and build key strategic initiatives, programs, and policies within the credit function along with leadership responsibilities over the Credit team.
- Hold a key strategic role within a forward-thinking and versatile financial services organization that brands itself as a “finance company with a bank,” and not just your traditional community bank.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Mastered experience, knowledge and training in financial statement and tax return analysis typically resulting from a combination of education in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
- Mastered experience, knowledge and training in all lending activities and terminology.
- Mastered knowledge of related state and federal lending and compliance regulations, and other Bank lending policies.
- Mastered knowledge of C&I, real estate and working capital loan processing. Factoring, SBA, equipment finance, warehousing, and other niche product knowledge a huge plus.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to provide leadership, supervision and training for multiple employees using positive supervisory techniques to ensure maximum productivity; demonstrated ability in organization and delegation skills.
- Thorough understanding of management procedures; ability to plan department or Bank activities (setting objectives, developing strategies, budgeting, and developing policies and procedures); initiative to organize various functions necessary to accomplish department or Bank activities; effectively staff (selecting, training and developing employees); directing employees towards the desired objectives (delegating, motivating, resolving problems); controlling the function (developing performance standards, measuring results, taking corrective action and rewarding employees as appropriate).
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.