Chief Executive Officer
Our client is seeking a dynamic President/CEO to lead this residential building products company. The President/CEO will provide strategic direction and leadership to ensure the continued growth of the Company.
Leads the overall strategic direction and performance of a manufacturing organization to achieve profitable growth in accordance with the owner’s plan and in strategic partnership with the board of directors.
The President/CEO reports directly to the Board of Directors and leads an executive team of 7 and an organization of 200+ employees.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Establish current and long-range business objectives, develop organizational policies, lead cross functional execution and operations between departments in accordance with the owner’s plan and expectations of the board of directors.
· Leads the daily operation of the organization through the organization's managers and develops effective solutions to business challenges. Encourages and engages cross functional collaboration to ensure operations are being executed in accordance with the organization's policies and expectations.
· Seeks to understand relevant market trends, cross functional and organizational implications and capitalizes on them to drive growth by introducing new programs and strategies and leads necessary change.
· Provides advice, guidance, direction, and authorization as needed to carry out the programs, standards and procedures, consistent with established policies.
· Proactive oversight of the organization’s financial performance. Reviews activity reports and financial statements to determine fiscal performance and progress in attaining objectives. Revises objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
· Reviews operating results of the organization compares them to established objectives and takes steps to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
· Establishes and maintains an effective system of communications throughout the organization by being decisive yet diplomatic, authentic and disciplined to lead by example and able to bring others along to a common goal.
- Develops industrial, labor and public relations policies designed to improve company's image and relations with customers, employees, and stakeholders.
· Represents the organization with major customers, shareholders, the financial community, and the local community and state level, and within professional associations and industry events.
· Establishes expectations and priorities to align to strategic/operating plan, manages and evaluates performance of senior leadership team and ensure compliance with policies and company culture.
· Champions ongoing enhancement of the company’s culture.
Education and Certifications
The ideal candidate will possess a relevant undergraduate degree, with a strong preference for an advanced master’s degree or related combination of education and experience.
This person will need to be a strong leader who has a proven track record in driving results and showing new and improved methods of leading an organization.
· Relevant industry experience includes manufacturing with strong preference for national and market strategies across multiple sales distribution channels. (Including one step, two step and direct sales.)
· Manufacturing experience with significant exposure to the disciplines of effective inventory control, supply chain, and overall manufacturing continuous process improvement (i.e. Lean).
· Demonstrated experience developing and executing growth strategies across multiple sales channels including the following:
o Maximizing production capacity of existing capabilities
o Expansion of existing market coverage
o New product development
- The successful candidate will possess 15 plus years of full P&L accountability, strategic development and leadership in a manufacturing company. Strong bias towards experience in companies of various sizes including small to mid-sized companies with a proven track record of growth. Past experience with a private family-owned business and residential building industry would be a significant plus.
- Additionally, this person will have demonstrated his/her ability to lead to produce successful integrated results including a strong P&L background.
- The ideal candidate will have an executive presence, demonstrated strong business skills, including financial management and the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels within the organization.
Critical Success Factors
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate well-developed competencies in all the following areas:
- A proven leader, with excellent management skills, who excels at building and executing a strategic business plan. Effectively communicating the vision, building a strong collaborative team.
- Energetic, experienced leader who demonstrates integrity, collaboration, encourages trust and builds strong teams to achieve organizational goals in an ethical manner.
- Ability to recognize raw talent and cultivate future potential to evolve the company’s capabilities and capacity.
- Consensus-builder; a direct communicator with a charismatic and diplomatic yet decisive management style. Ability to connect with all levels from the shop floor to executive, board, owners and customers.
- A proven leader with the competencies, understanding and appreciation for family ownership, an owner’s plan and a board of directors’ relationship. Ability to work with, clearly communicate and embrace a strategic partnership and accountability with the Board of Directors.
- Strong business acumen and financially savvy leader with a sound foundation in best accounting and production practices, to ensure increasing business value, prudent investments and consistent long term profitable growth.
- Ability to manage change and use creative alternatives to solve problems. Must possess a strong change management methodology, drive continuous improvement and a proven track record
- A leader who embraces and understands the market, Company point of difference, sales process and channel distribution to build sound strategy and go-to-market approach to drive profitable growth.
- Able to embrace the existing culture while inspiring enhancements to strengthen the organization for the future.
- A decisive, visionary leader with the ability to see the “big picture”, formulate and implement successful organizational strategies.
- Exemplifies an entrepreneurial spirit, understands engineering disciplines, and can balance a curiosity to explore new ideas/innovation with the associated risks and develop a realistic plan forward. Modeling strategic growth opportunities, forecasting financial impacts and prioritizes sequence of execution.