Chief Executive Officer
Our client is seeking a dynamic President/CEO to lead this residential building products company. The President/CEO will provide strategic direction and leadership to ensure the continued growth of the Company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Collaborates with company leadership and Board of Directors to establish current and long-range business objectives, develop organizational policies, coordinate functions and operations between departments, and establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining these objectives.
- Manages and directs the daily operation of the organization through the organization's managers and develops effective solutions to business challenges.
- Introduces new programs/strategies, leads and facilitates change. Meets with organization's management team to ensure that operations are being executed in accordance with the organization's new and existing policies. Encourages cross functional collaboration throughout the organization.
- Provides advice, guidance, direction, and authorization as needed to carry out the programs, standards and procedures, consistent with established policies.
- Oversees the adequacy and soundness of the organization's financial structure. Reviews activity reports and financial statements to determine fiscal performance and progress in attaining objectives. Revises objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
- Reviews operating results of the organization compares them to established objectives and takes steps to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Establishes and maintains an effective system of communications throughout the organization.
- Develops industrial, labor and public relations policies designed to improve company's image and relations with customers, employees, and stakeholders.
- Represents the organization with major customers, shareholders, the financial community, and the local community and state level, and within professional associations and industry events.
- Evaluates performance of mid and top management teams for compliance with established policies and objectives of organization and contributions in attaining objectives.
- Advocating to enhance the company’s current culture.
Education and Certifications
The ideal candidate will possess a relevant undergraduate degree, with a strong preference for an advanced master’s degree or related combination of education and experience.
This person will need to be a strong leader who has a proven track record in driving results and showing new and improved methods of leading an organization.
- Relevant industry experience includes manufacturing with strong preference for national sales through networks of distributors (Two step sales).
- Manufacturing experience with significant exposure to the disciplines of effective inventory control, supply chain, and overall manufacturing process improvement.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing growth strategies.
- Maximizing production capacity of existing capabilities
- Expansion of existing market coverage
- New product development
- The successful candidate will possess 15 plus years of management experience directly related to strategic management/leadership in manufacturing in the areas of marketing, sales, finance and research & development.
- Additionally, this person will have demonstrated his/her ability to lead to produce successful integrated results including a strong P&L background.
- The ideal candidate will have an executive presence, demonstrated strong business skills, including financial management and the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels within the organization.
Critical Success Factors
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate well- developed competencies in all the following areas:
- A proven leader, with excellent management skills, who excels at building and executing a strategic business plan. Effectively communicating the vision, building a strong collaborative team.
- A proven ability to build strong teams, establish goals and objectives to progress from an environment of strong individual performers to a high performing team environment.
- Consensus-builder; a direct communicator with a charismatic and diplomatic management style. Able to lead and influence “buy-in” for new initiatives, both internally and externally.
- Due to the family ownership structure and board of directors’ role within the company, a proven leader with the competencies and appreciation for this unique structure. Ability to work with and clearly communicate with Board of Directors is critical.
- Deep understanding of financial and accounting practices and procedures
- Strong business acumen. This includes knowledge about how businesses work, business trends and the implications to their business, strong competitive knowledge, and how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace. Ability to understand the market they serve and companies differentiator factors.
- Ability to manage change and use creative alternatives to solve problems. Must poses a strong change management methodology and proven track record from prior experiences.
- Sales management generalist who utilizes a focused yet flexible/adaptable approach in building strategy and executing implementation.
- Team player: able to fit the existing culture yet leads the organization to the next level.
- A visionary leader with the ability to formulate and implement successful organizational strategies.
- Financially savvy leader with sound foundation in best production practices to ensure efficiencies, as well as sales and service sensitivity.
- A consensus building management style, and an articulate communicator with an ability to connect with all levels from the manufacturing or distribution floor to the board members.
- Energetic, experienced leader who demonstrates collaboration and encourages team building to achieve organizational goals in an ethical manner.
- A decisive individual possessing a "big picture" perspective.