Chief Executive Officer
An innovative CEO opportunity to lead a storied and renowned specialty Healthcare recovery organization. As CEO, you will drive the continued growth, profitability and financial success of the organization while ensuring the safety and optimal clinical outcomes for patients. Work closely in collaboration with the Board of Directors to implement a go forward strategy including opportunities for improvement while identifying new segments of care and services.
In partnership with the Board of Directors, the CEO provides strategic leadership to ensure the growth of the Company, as well as manages the execution of initiatives throughout the entire organization to achieve the objectives of effective and profitable operation and growth of the core business, which is providing high-quality care within chemical dependency/substance abuse and mental health.
More specifically, the near-term opportunity for the CEO will be to increase profitability by developing and implementing a go forward strategy to include new segments of care, as well as improving existing service capabilities and efficiencies. The longer-term opportunity will be more of a focus on strategic objectives that grow revenues organically, to include merger and acquisition activity.
The CEO reports directly to the Board of Directors. Additionally, this role will be directly responsible for the management of approximately 3 leadership direct reports (Vice Presidents) from the functional areas of the Company to ensure increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of business development, the workforce, processes, and offerings. The CEO is ultimately responsible for maximizing value creation by aligning strategic objectives with growth and profitability objectives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- To identify and execute a business development strategy to increase profitable revenue growth by increasing market share in existing segments of care, as well as identifying new markets to penetrate in related offerings.
- Manages and directs the daily operation of the organization through the organization's managers, and develops effective solutions to business challenges.
- Responsible and accountable for achieving annual budgetary, operational and clinical goals.
- Collaborates with company officials to establish current and long-range business objectives, develop organizational policies, coordinate functions and operations between departments, and establish responsibilities and procedures for attaining these objectives.
- Introduces new programs/strategies and facilitates change. Meets with organization's management team to ensure that operations are being executed in accordance with the organization's new and existing policies.
- Provides advice, guidance, direction, and authorization as needed to carry out the programs, standards and procedures, consistent with established policies.
- Oversees the adequacy and soundness of the organization's financial structure. Reviews activity reports and financial statements to determine fiscal performance and progress in attaining objectives. Revises objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions.
- Reviews operating results of the organization, compares them to established objectives, and takes steps to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Establishes and maintains an effective system of communications throughout the organization, as well as the ownership team.
- Develops industry and public relations policies designed to improve company's image and relations with patients, employees, and stakeholders.
- Represents the organization to potential investors, shareholders, the financial community, and the local community and at the State & Federal levels, and within professional associations and industry events.
- Evaluates performance of mid and top management teams for compliance with established policies and objectives of organization and contributions in attaining objectives.
Required Education and Certifications:
The ideal candidate will possess a relevant graduate degree, with a strong preference for the following degrees (MBA, MHA, MD, Psy.D.) or related combination of education and experience with the treatment of co-occurring disorders. Knowledgeable in regulatory compliance in licensing and certification with the MN Department of Health Care Services and CARF accreditation standards. Clinical experience as LADC, MSW or RN also preferred.
This person will need to be a strong executive leader who has a proven track record in driving results and showing new and improved methods of leading an organization.
- Relevant Healthcare industry experience including chemical dependency/substance abuse recovery with strong preference of leading private equity owned portfolio businesses.
- Business development and marketing experience with a proven track record of capturing incremental market share and expanding to new markets.
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing growth strategies;
- Maximizing production capacity of existing capabilities
- Expansion of existing segments of care
- Identifying new segments of care
- Mergers & acquisition experience will be an advantage
- The successful candidate will possess a minimum of 10 plus years of executive (CEO, CFO) management experience directly related to general management in Healthcare in the areas of; operations, finance, regulatory, compliance, business development, and marketing. A background in healthcare specific to chemical dependency/substance abuse recovery and mental health is strongly preferred.
- Additionally, this person will have demonstrated his/her ability to lead to produce successful integrated results including a strong P&L background.
- The ideal candidate will have an approachable presence, demonstrated strong general business skills, including financial management and the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Experience in a leadership role in a privately held organization.
- Knowledge of State and Federal regulations regarding facility licensure requirements, Medicaid/Medicare billing, SAMHSA, CARF accreditation requirements, CMS Conditions of Participation for residential and outpatient OUD/SUD treatment centers.
- Develops and implements facility policies and procedures
- Assures design, implementation and continuity of quality improvement programs along with the direct oversight of the quality program
- Manages the monthly reporting processes both within the organization and to the Board.
Critical Success Factors:
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate well-developed competencies in all of the following areas:
- A proven leader, with excellent management skills, who excels at building and executing a strategic business plan consistent with growth and value creation objectives.
- Consensus-builder; a direct communicator with a charismatic and diplomatic management style. Able to lead and influence “buy-in” for new initiatives, both internally and externally.
- Results orientation.
- Knowledge of State & Federal Regulatory & Compliance
- Strong business acumen. This includes knowledge of industry trends and the implications to their business, strong competitive knowledge, and how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Ability to manage change and use creative alternatives to solve problems.
- A management strategist who utilizes a focused yet flexible/adaptable approach in building strategy and executing implementation.
- Team player; able to fit the existing culture, yet helps to lead the organization to the next level.
- A visionary leader with the ability to formulate and implement successful organizational strategies.
- Financially savvy leader with sound foundation in best practices in business development and production practices to ensure efficiencies, as well as business development, marketing, and service sensitivity.
- A consensus building management style, and an articulate communicator with an ability to connect with all levels from the manufacturing or distribution floor to the Board members.
- Energetic, experienced leader who demonstrates collaboration and encourages team building to achieve organizational goals in an ethical manner.
- A decisive individual possessing a "big picture" perspective.
- Ability to build trust and an effective business relationship with the owners.
- Ability to mentor others to grow professionally and personally.
- Fosters a positive work environment and facility culture in order to help attract, retain and develop the best providers and employees for patient care.
- Assures that the Medical Staff is involved and provides input into care delivery through coordination with the Office of the Medical Director.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.