Chief Financial Officer
Exceptionally compelling CFO opportunity at a CPG company with aggressive plans for growth!
A privately held CPG company, is seeking to hire their first CFO to provide financial leadership and vision. The successful CFO will partner with the CEO, Senior Leadership Team, and Board of Directors, to further accelerate a rapidly growing business. The ideal candidate will have at least fifteen years of experience in finance and accounting, including five years in a management role, having been a CPA with a preference for experience in Big 4 public accounting. Important to the role is experience in private equity backed businesses and direct, successful M&A experience.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the CEO, the Board, and members of senior management on a variety of strategic objectives including optimizing current and new revenue streams near term while maximizing enterprise value of the company mid to long term.
- Create a clear set of financial metrics across the business which are regularly updated and oversee necessary analytical support.
- Lead and direct a high performing team that runs all finance and accounting functions of the Company.
- Synthesize significant strategic, operating, and financial performance into a comprehensive yet concise information package for presentation to management and the Board on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis.
- Oversee financial reporting to internal stakeholders and the Board including timely monthly, quarterly, and yearly closes, as well as ad hoc requests of the accounting team.
- Oversee financial forecasting, budgeting, reporting, analysis, and other compliance matters.
- Manage treasury function, lender relationships jointly with financial sponsors, ensure compliance with loan agreements, credit facilities, obligations to debtholders, documentation, and other cash management activities.
- Provide financial support for evaluation of new capital investment opportunities, product launches, pricing, business development initiatives, acquisitions, and a potential future liquidation event.
- Oversee all tax and VAT matters including sales & use taxes, foreign VAT, income and corporate taxes, and nexus analysis, and make related recommendations to senior management.
- Oversee financial systems and related upgrades or implementations, including the implementation and oversight of an ERP system.
- Monitor and confirm financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors; manage relationships with the company’s independent auditors, bankers, insurance providers, and other third-party vendors; review, negotiate, and manage contracts with third-party vendors; and manage the company’s risk management procedures.
- Maximize return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems; protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls; and protect operations by keeping all financial information and plans confidential.
- Maintain finance and accounting staff by recruiting, selecting, training, counseling, and managing employees, as well as by planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Previous CPA with Big 4 public accounting experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting, finance, or related field, with a preference of an MBA.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in finance and accounting, including five years in a management role, with a strong preference for related industry experience in CPG and/or ecommerce.
- Direct successful M&A experience, with a preference for both buy and sell side.
- Work comfortably in a variety of ERP systems, and experience building an ERP system from the ground up. NetSuite experience preferred.
- In-depth understanding of the sales administration process.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills, numerical abilities, and a problem-solving attitude
- High service orientation, hands-on mentality, and attention to detail
- Experience and comfort working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Competency in relevant software such as Google Drive, Excel, as well as accounting platforms such as NetSuite.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.