Our furniture manufacturing client is looking for a Communications Specialist for a 6+ month contract engagement. Our client is dedicated to creating timeless furniture pieces while maintaining sustainable practices and products. If you are a Communications Specialist with a Human Resources background, this may be the next role for you!
Communications Specialist will help with internal communications throughout the company and be responsible for updating to our client’s internal website. A key part of this role will be working directly with the Employment Brand Manager and the VP of HR to determine best communication strategies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Write stories and updates for intranet sites and ad hoc projects
- Reformat, edit, and upload content to intranet sites
- Update employee photos and bios on intranet site. Remove former staff members and maintain site
- Take photos for intranet site
- Send employee anniversary emails and letters
- Act as community partner for donation requests
- Update internal Organization Charts
- Build relationships with influencers
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications or similar relevant field
- Previous communications specialist experience required
- Photo and video-editing skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Experience in web design and content production preferred, but not required
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.
Job Code: 39020